Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carribean Sunset Resort

User Info Menu

Carribean Sunset Resort

Has anyone ever stayed at this resort?? It is a budget hotel located by the round about in Negril. I took the cheap route this time as I am travelling alone and didnt need much as I will not be at the hotel very often at all. I have read an awful lot of negative reviews on Tripadvisor. Can anyone shed some light on this hotel??

User Info Menu

Stay far far away!! I have only heard bad things about this place.. I looked at 2 rooms and they was covered in mold.

User Info Menu

i wrote one of those bad reviews on tripadvisor

there are other reasonably priced places in negril that are safe, clean and mold free

i suggest you keep looking

User Info Menu

In 2007/2008 I took my family to Negril. Bear in mind that over 4 years has past since that time. The Caribbean Sunset Resort was one of the only places that would accomodate quad occupancy and our budget was tight so we decided to stay there. Obviously it's not "marble & brass" but that's true with most resorts in Negril. We really only used it for sleeping and every day was spent either on a day trip, at the beach or on the cliffs (Xtabi etc..). It served our needs well and we had no complaints. The beds were OK, the air conditioning worked well...we always had hot water, didn't see any black mold and had no issues with security.

Is it a great place?....No. In the same circumstances I WOULD stay there again. PM me and I can send some photos.

User Info Menu

i think it has changed hands since then

i saw doors that could be pushed open, gargage strewn around the property, bad lighting, no guests, kitchen had chicken - nothing else

i looked at 4 rooms and they all had black mold

and the customer service was horrible - i was up there for hours waiting for a room - and then traveling around the property looking at other rooms that were supposed to be better - until finally i BOLTED

User Info Menu

Had a friend that stayed there. Had to be moved from her first room due to mold. Not a place I would suggest. Plenty of affordable places to stay on the beach that are nicer.

User Info Menu

Im booked already!! All I need is a place to lay my head at night. I hope it isnt too bad. I booked the king "SUITE". It was only 45 a night for their "Best" room. I am torn between cancelling and winging it!!!

User Info Menu

While I didnt stay there, I did look at a room and around the property and I def wasnt staying there - especially as a solo female! However, I do want to say that the customer service I got while there was very, very good. I am terrible with names but everyone that worked there was very very nice! I actually felt bad about not staying there after the kindness that they all showed!

User Info Menu

The hotel does have the distinction of being the lowest priced on the Net ....

User Info Menu

http://www.hidden-paradise.com/ try this place, to my understanding they started upgrading and it wasn't bad to begin with. will cost a little more, but there is a special.

http://negrilonestop.com/oasis_rates.shtml This might be another option.
    Last edited by x l ent; 03-14-2012 at 02:40 AM.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein