Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you book midweek or weekend airline tickets?

User Info Menu

Do you book midweek or weekend airline tickets?

I am finally going to get a countdown soon! Hurray!

I am trying to go through all the insane airfare prices & make a decision. As we all know midweek travel is a lot cheaper. For me I can save about $170 per ticket to travel midweek. I'm trying to decide whether its worth the extra $340 total to get to extra 1-2 days but cover two weekends. The cheapest days for me to book are Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

I'm curious...what do y'all do? Book midweek to get the best fares or spend the extra to get more time?

Last edited by Mr. Twister; 05-28-2011 at 11:01 AM.

User Info Menu

We book mid-week for the better fare and the less crowded airports.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jx2 View Post
    We book mid-week for the better fare and the less crowded airports.
    ^^^^agree!!!We book for Mondays and fly out on Thursday.Weekend flights are VERY high.I guess thats why you see alot of people (including us) go on 10 day getaways.-Bless!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

The least expensive day of the week to fly is Tuesday. The most expensive day to fly is Sunday, followed closely by Friday. For my business travels I do not have a choice what day of the week to fly - I can only hope my schedule permits me to fly on a Tuesday (or a Wednesday) and NOT on a Sunday. When I book my Jamaica trips I try to book for Tuesdays as well - even using FF miles we have a better shot of getting that mileage seat on that day of the week as opposed to a Sunday.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rastagirl777 View Post
    The least expensive day of the week to fly is Tuesday. The most expensive day to fly is Sunday, followed closely by Friday. For my business travels I do not have a choice what day of the week to fly - I can only hope my schedule permits me to fly on a Tuesday (or a Wednesday) and NOT on a Sunday. When I book my Jamaica trips I try to book for Tuesdays as well - even using FF miles we have a better shot of getting that mileage seat on that day of the week as opposed to a Sunday.
    This is not true for every scenario. We do a lot of searching for our flights and what you say is generally true, but it all depends on the week/ month/ season and airports you are travelling to and from. Many times we can find better airfare on days other than Tuesday.

User Info Menu

Sometimes I find better airfare on Wednesday, too. Try to do a search using variable dates and see which is cheaper. We mostly go during the week.

User Info Menu

I ALWAYS do mid-week.. This trip I'm doing Wednesday to Wednesday... Mid-week always seems to be cheaper. From Chicago round-trip $378 includes tax.
    "Live for today as tomorrow is not promised" Live....Love....Laugh....

User Info Menu

For Direct flights you sometimes don't have the choice. Hubbie says no more stop-overs. From Montreal we have direct flights with Air Canada on Saturdays and Wednesdays during the busier season. West Jet now have direct flights on Fridays and Mondays. Still have to watch for the seat sales though as flying direct will most times cost us more than flying to Toronto and then to Montego Bay. I booked my tickets shortly after coming back in Feb for next January. We needed 6 seats going down. Price was approx $ 635 ea, we could probably have saved at least $ 50 to $ 75 ea if I waited and went via Toronto on a Tues - Wed or Thurs. We are flying West Jet this time around and I like the fact we get in earlier than the AC flights.

User Info Menu

Wow....those are some high airfares. Atlanta being a big airport hub I can get nonstop for the same price......about $330 including taxes midweek.

User Info Menu

Monday !