Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: island car rental

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by poolguywindsor View Post
    Island has a office in the airpor, which makes it more convenient than not. I guess I am lucky my credit card covers all insurance!
    PGW,

Check with your CC company. Most cards exclude Jamaica from coverages.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

nice site nky. they were a little cheaper then island direct (only about 20$).. i will styore it to my favorites, but i did make a online reservation last night with islands website.. so i guess its a done deal.. thanks for the info guys - very appreciated

User Info Menu

Rented from Island this last time and had a great experience. Got the full coverage AND tire protection. They held 250 deposit and 77.00 gas deposit so 327.00. I scratched the rear bumper and because of the full coverage insurance i just did a written report and no issues what so ever. I highly recommend using them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sammyb View Post
    Rented from Island this last time and had a great experience. Got the full coverage AND tire protection. They held 250 deposit and 77.00 gas deposit so 327.00. I scratched the rear bumper and because of the full coverage insurance i just did a written report and no issues what so ever. I highly recommend using them.
    nice - great to read this one - exactly what i wanted to hear really - someone who rented the same thing - had a issue - no problems - thanks again.. i am sure i made the correct choice now..

User Info Menu

Just returned our car to Island in MoBay yesterday. No issues whatsoever. Super convenient. We have a World MC, so insurance was included, but they did put a $500 "hold" on the CC until we returned it. Great experience with island. We will be using them again.
    March 2006 - Blue Cave Castle | November 2007 - Beaches Sandy Bay | November 2008 - Blue Cave Castle/Rockhouse/Grand Lido | March 2012 - Blue Cave Castle

User Info Menu

If you just want for a few days, Elvis bike rental (across from Sun Beach by Rayon) has some cars. They came through for me in a pinch and it was cheap enough. $60 for one day, less if you rent for more days

User Info Menu

I've used Island Rentals now 3 times, and can recommend them, too. I applied for the World MasterCard a couple months before my trip where I rented for the first time - came in plenty of time and had no yearly fees. Cuts the rental car cost about in half - so well worth having.
    The thing I liked about Island - just for peace of mind - was they have 24hr road side service anywhere on the island.

To prevent any dent/scratches claims - I use my camera and take about a 1-2 min video showing/talking about any flaws. I do this both at rental time and return time, with the agent present. I forget where I got that advice - but do it all the time, now.
    08: Jan-NegrilTreehouse
    08: Nov-RoomsOnTheBeach, Ochi & TobysResort, MoBay
    09: Apr-Legends, Negril
    09: Dec-Legends, Negril
    10: Apr-HolidayInnSunspree, Mobay & SeastarInn, Negril
    10: Nov&Dec-SeastarInn & FunHoliday, Negril & SunsetResort, Treasure Beach
    11: Mar-FootePrints & NegrilBeachClubCondos, Negril
    11: Sep-Legends, Negril
    12: Sep-SeastarInn, Negril
    13: Mar-Match Resort & Bay View Resort, Port Antonio & El Greco, MoBay
    13: Dec-SeastarInn & Shields, Negril & VerneyHouse, MoBay