Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for company on a trip from Negril to Kingston to go to Hope rd and other stuf

User Info Menu

looking for company on a trip from Negril to Kingston to go to Hope rd and other stuf

Hi everyone, I m looking for someone whos interested in going to Kingston on a day trip to see Bobs museum. My wife might come with but I have my doubts, so if your there March 24-31 look me up Ill be at CoCoLaPalm
    thanks Sean

User Info Menu

What would one pay for tour/drive from Negril to Kingston return ?

Just thought I should go once , this is my 5 th time and still havent made it there

User Info Menu

Oh..you definitely should go...if you are a Bob fan, or even just a fan of music or history....you really should go!

User Info Menu

Oh im a reggea fan ! Would like to split the cost if i could so im doing what i can with the help of this forum its great, i hear gas is 175 a liter so i figure 400 for a driver for the day? What do u think?

User Info Menu

You could get it a lot cheaper than that.
    But if you hired a private driver for just you and your wife, then yes you would probably pay around that.
    But there are tons of tour companies that offer that trip for much less. Perhaps Jamaica Tours? Let me see if I can find any that quote a price for that trip. It will be a long day though, it is about a 4 hour trip to Kingston, and of course then a 4 hour trip back. You would be at the museum for AT LEAST an hour, so that is a full day, and of course you would probably want to get out and take pictures, like on bamboo road or even stop in middle quarters to get peppered shrimp, so it would be a long full day for sure. But fun!

User Info Menu

You could always look into taking the Southcoast Express bus to/from Kingston and then hiring a local driver once in Kingston. However, the travel time each way on the bus shows 5 hours (but they do say it could be less, they just account for traffic and stops).

http://southcoast-express.com/services.html

Whether you hire a private driver or take the bus, it's going to be a long day for sure. One of these trips I'd like to spend a good week on that side of the island and do some exploring. Have a fun trip.

User Info Menu

http://www.jamaicatoursltd.com/item_...ours&com=show&

http://www.tropicaltours-ja.com/negriltours/index.htm

http://www.fabiantours.com/tours.html

I haven't used any of these companies myself but maybe someone has and can offer their reviews

I always use my good friend Chicken, but he is considered a private charter so his rate would be better if you had more people going
    But you can check him out here: www.chickensmagicbus.com

User Info Menu

I didnt think tours would go all that way, thought it would be a private tour.Looking online was not much help all the tourseem to be out Ocho and MB that go to Kingston thanks for your help

User Info Menu

No problem....yes there are tours to just about everything these days but you do have to look a little harder sometimes because most tours do originate from Ochi or MoBay

Have fun!

User Info Menu

I looked into doing this on my last trip but since I was there for only 6 days and most of those were Holiday's it didn't work out.

One idea I did have which I might try this next trip is renting a car yourself, then possibly hiring someone to just come along that knows the way? Or if you know anyone there that would go along, unless you don't feel comfortable driving. I wouldn't mind driving as long as someone else was with me that knew the way and could remind me to stay on the LEFT side of the road. lol.
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M