Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When just one cd has to do, Which one will it be 4 you?.

User Info Menu

When just one cd has to do, Which one will it be 4 you?.

I went to pick up my new viper today knowing there would be a 90minute return ride home thinking to myself whats the one cd that i should take to make everything right in the universe, I picked Bobs legend album.When I got to the dealership the man was trying to show me how to open the hood, And all i was worried about was getting Bob in the player safe and sound!, lol It was more important to me for some reason..Anyway I stuck it in the cd player cranked it up and the fat man with all the tattoos had a little bounce to his step lol. Everyone that was gathered was immediatley in a festive mood, Bobs music has da power ya mon!. I never tire of listening to this album ever!.Its the same cd i had in my old truck for 8yrs without ever taking it out.Does anyone else listen to bob as much as i do. I feel so relaxed and destressed while its playing,Its powerful and has so much positive energy and vibes, And in my humble opinion quite possibly the best puff album ever! cept for exodus,.Am i weird for never taking it out of the cd player except when i trade vehicles? lol. Respect. Tattoo.

User Info Menu

That's way too hard to pick Tattoo!! Bob Marley, Peter Tosh, Toots and the Maytals, Coco tea, Luciana, Steven Marley, Julian Marley, Kymani Marley, Oh yeah, Damian Marley and Nas..."Distant Relatives" Sweet beyond words!! And now I have to include the concert at SS in December 2012, Fantan Moja....Ok, that's just a start for me. In my car, there is never a radio on at all......only my cd's. Today, my youngest grandson and I headed out and I had on a song "Sweet Jamaica" and he said, "Turn that one up Nana"....another one bites the dust!!

User Info Menu

it used to be legend - now i have 'rastamon vibration' live special edition disc 2 that i always leave in.. man that is one chill album.. but i understnad what u mean..

i love my 2011 Scion xB - it has a usb port in the glovebox - i leave a 8gb mem card crammed with the best of the best dancehall and reggae.. Radio? never..

User Info Menu

Can't do just one...it's like this... iPod set to reggae/all albums/all songs/shuffle.

User Info Menu

Wow, i thought I was weirdo because it was the same for me when i bought my solstice first thing on the stereo had to be Bob !

User Info Menu

Survival.

User Info Menu

Harry Belafonte (my kids tell me I'm old-fashioned .... but they seem to enjoy his music whenever I play it). Think: Day-O, Jump In The Line, Coconut Woman, Jamaican Farewell, Shut Your Mouth - Go Away - Look, Mama a Boo Boo, Hold 'Em Joe - Me Donkey Need Wata, Michael Row the Boat Ashore

Also:

Sanchez - Stays on My Mind CD. Think: Sha-La-La, and Frenzy (this used to play on the radio when I lived in JA .... and while, I don't agree with the anti-gay sentimentality ... I became intoxicated with the uplifting melancholic beat, before I realized what the words meant).

User Info Menu

Sorry....has to be the Stranglers!!!!!!
    http://www.caribbeanmag.com/cd/vc/]

User Info Menu

Mine is the Jimmy Cliff Collection that has his greatest hits, I listen to that even more than I do Marley's Legend, I have to admit.

So many favorites on the track..perhaps this one tops them all though..Limbo, and the video even has some footage off the cliffs of Negril!

User Info Menu

The belafonte's are or use to be my neighbors in alderson west virginia.Harrys daughter sherry can be seen at applebee's and walfart on occassion here in lewisburg.