Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Feb Trip Report Part 1

User Info Menu

Feb Trip Report Part 1

Our trip started the day before as we drove to Philadelphia. We spent the afternoon with Bet's sister & family then checked in to the Wyndham Garden Airport for the Park - Stay - Fly deal. Our flight was the 6:00 am A.J. and we were scheduled on the 4:00 am shuttle to the airport. I fell asleep first about 10:00 and was woke up at 12:30 by Bet. Apparently I was sawing wood and if she couldn't sleep I wasn't going to either
    I love flying early out of Philly. I expect it is the same at other airports. Short lines for ticketing & security screening. The down side is not much is open. The flight left on time and was fairly smooth. We had a little turbulence a couple times but nothing major. We arrived right on schedule at 09:25 and the line at customs and immigration was nonexistent. We made our way out of the airport and found the Clive's rep got our Red Stripes and waited about 10 minutes for the driver.
    We stopped at Mega Mart in MoBay and picked up a few things for the room. A case of beer, water, fruit, snacks, paper towels, CocoMania, Pineapple juice, etc... and off we went. We arrived at the Westender just after noon and checked in with Tamesha. Our first meeting with this wonderful person. She said we were early and room 2 was not ready yet. I said I had booked room 7. She said it was not available and we were in 2. We went to the Bar / restaurant had a couple drinks and ate lunch. Kelvin came and told us the room was ready so away we went. The room was cozy & clean but was had a poor view. We unpacked and sat down for a minute. Next thing I knew it was after midnight and we had missed our first sunset
    Day 2 morning I planned to play golf so I went to the office to arrange transportation. Tamesha asked how things were and I told her the room was nice but not what we were expecting as we had reserved room 7. She said she would see what she could do. Two days later we were moved to room 7.
    A few more photos
    Bar - Restaurant
    Name:  Westender 1 Bar - Restaurant.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  50.5 KB

Bar - Rest from road
    Name:  Westender 2 Bar - Rest.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  34.8 KB

View from front of rm 3 & 4 looking west. Unfortunately the waves you see were like that the entire stay.
    Name:  Westender 3 View from 3 & 4.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  44.9 KB

Pool
    Name:  Westender 4  Pool.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  32.3 KB

Wright cooking Sunday Bonfire Party
    Name:  Westender 5  Sunday Bonfire.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  47.5 KB

Bonfire
    Name:  Westender 6  Sunday Bonfire.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  19.0 KB

View of suites from the ocean
    Name:  Westender 7  View of Suites.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  40.3 KB

User Info Menu

Nice start. Great pics..

User Info Menu

Very nice pictures. Looks like a nice spot
    url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

User Info Menu

I'm dying to know if you get a new room!
    Great pictures!