Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taking Kids to Negril - Any Activity Suggestions???

User Info Menu

I would like to second suggesting Kool Runnings waterpark, they have some neat rides, no long lines, very observant and on the ball lifeguards too.

I also highly recommend the Saturday show at Seastar, which includes a buffet dinner that has some great authentic jamaican dishes along and the entertainment is fantastic, the drummers are unbelievably good and if you want to you can check out the live webcasts on Saturday to see for yourself at realnegril.com

User Info Menu

Thanks for suggesting Seastar, Negrilaholic. Not only do I want to break away from the resort and get some authentic Jamaican food, I also would like to see the drummers. I'm a drummer and have been playing drums for about 25 years and I love reggae and steel drums. Irie!

Here's a pic of me playing at RIU TB in 2006. We had no electricity all day and that evening. Drums were the only form of entertainment.
    Name:  251058311206_0_ALB.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  26.1 KB
    Last edited by Shark Bait Bobbitt; 03-13-2012 at 01:05 PM.

User Info Menu

Have fun on your trip, I'm sure the kids are gonna have a blast regardless what ya'll do!

and please consider doing a trip report when you come back. Would be great to hear what ya'll end up doing, and how the kids like Jamaica!!
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

Check out this "Travel with Kids: Negril" episode.
    It's got a lot of great tips and fun suggestions for activities you can enjoy with your kids!

http://www.5min.com/Video/Visit-Negr...aica-342500395

Have fun on your trip!
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

I just finished a week in Negril with my 7 and 9 year old. We had fun on the beach and made a trip to the Blue Hole followed by Rick,s. nEVER WORRIED about Margaritaville as we were staying right next door!
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

Thanks everbody for all your suggestions! I have plenty of great options. I was originally worried that there wouldn't be enough activities for the kids if they were to get bored. I could spend the entire week under a palm tree, but the kids have a lot more energy and a shorter attention span.

A big thank you to Clarity for sending the link to the video(s). Good stuff!

User Info Menu

No worries mon,You are going to Jamaica!!!~All is well!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]