Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anxious to push the button, but...

User Info Menu

Anxious to push the button, but...

Airfares have gone up like $70 in the last day and Bing says to wait, 63% probability they drop. Argghhh.... What do you think? Any experience with the Bing price predictor?
    What's so funny 'bout Peace, Love and Understanding?

User Info Menu

Just put a hold on two tickets out of Detroit that put us in Montego Bay at 1:20pm April 21 and leave on Sun Apr 29 at 7:45am!! $623 a pop, yikes!! If nothing drops by tomorrow, that's our ride!!

User Info Menu

Do you HAVE to travel on both Sundays? Any options to go Monday, return Tuesday? Also DTW must have a lot of folks going to MBJ, cuz there are few options open to ya and expensive (I'm looking at Airtran's site). If you could go Monday and return Tuesday, about $436.

PLUS, that's a crummy time to leave , so early in the morning on your return.

Do fares still commonly change 1am Wed mornings?

Good luck!

User Info Menu

Woah you are going to have to leave Negril at like 4am on Sunday for that return....yikes!

*Hoping your price comes down a bit, but glad to have you on board!!!!!

User Info Menu

That return sucks... How about 4/20 as your departure date?

User Info Menu

I hope it all works out Giurigay!! I've got my fingers crossed the prices drop!!

I agree that the return flight time isn't ideal, however... it's really hard getting a good return time on a flight leaving on a Sunday.
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

anybody ever split your purchase of tickets to take advantage of the 1 left price? Will the price I see for 2 tickets still be the same for the second ticket?

User Info Menu

Have you tried the airfare matrix website? It's helped me to figure out what days have the best airfare prices and flights.

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Guirigay View Post
    anybody ever split your purchase of tickets to take advantage of the 1 left price? Will the price I see for 2 tickets still be the same for the second ticket?
    I think sometimes that is just a teaser to push you onto the button. Call the airline and ask. You can also book your tickets one-way at a time, sometimes you get more flexibility (choices) on the flights.

User Info Menu

Prices are ridiculous on all flights it seems right now, unfortunately with fuel prices edging up there looks like little chances of them dropping. I know I was watching flights for 2013 already and ended up booking cause the prices for January 2013 with Westjet direct outta Canada were cheaper then Air Canada clearance prices for next month. You can always roll the dice and wait,but you never know if you'll have seats, Damn Airlines!!!!!!!!