Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Going in April !!

User Info Menu

Going in April !!

Been checking Expedia for trip, ( first two weeks in April) Don't seem to have much choice on Hotel. Is it busy just now in Negril ?

User Info Menu

look at negrilonestop,you'll find more choices and maybe some specials. good luck!

User Info Menu

Even better, check out hotel websites for deals, once you get into April the prices start going down. Expedia just isn't listing hotels right & the prices are all "off". I booked my plane ticket with Expedia, but doing the Hotel on my own. TripAdvisor is a good site also to get reviews & links to hotels sites, then you can contact hotel directly via phone or email and ask about pricing & availability. Some hotels wait til April 15th to lower prices, but it looks like some are going ahead and doing it from April 1 on....

User Info Menu

Highlander - Have you tried BookIt.com - they seem to have very low prices.

My suggestion would be to book just the first 2 days via internet then do walk-ins and negotiations at places you find you like.
    If you did it the first day, going to places with bags in hand/taxi, it would make you look desperate for a place - plus you'll be hot and tired.
    The second day you can devote to it while checking out the beach - then just move at check-out time the following day.

Ask to talk to the manager (or owner). Lots of time the rsrvtn/desk person doesn't have the authority to negotiate.
    I have done it many times - even at Christmas. The only time I would say NOT to try it is for ATL.
    08: Jan-NegrilTreehouse
    08: Nov-RoomsOnTheBeach, Ochi & TobysResort, MoBay
    09: Apr-Legends, Negril
    09: Dec-Legends, Negril
    10: Apr-HolidayInnSunspree, Mobay & SeastarInn, Negril
    10: Nov&Dec-SeastarInn & FunHoliday, Negril & SunsetResort, Treasure Beach
    11: Mar-FootePrints & NegrilBeachClubCondos, Negril
    11: Sep-Legends, Negril
    12: Sep-SeastarInn, Negril
    13: Mar-Match Resort & Bay View Resort, Port Antonio & El Greco, MoBay
    13: Dec-SeastarInn & Shields, Negril & VerneyHouse, MoBay

User Info Menu

First weekend in April is Easter, lots going on and of course Easter Monday is a big beach day for Jamaicans. Isnt there also a big ATI sorta weekend/event planned for Easter weekend?