Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Absolute Mess

User Info Menu

A Absolute Mess

Hello Boardies,
    I'm a absolute mess. I need you help in making up my mind. I have been reading the post everyday as usual and can't make up my mind in what I really want to do so I'm torn.
    I want to spend 5 days in Port Antonio and 6 days in Negril on my next reach next month, but so many activities have been plan for the boardies and I don't want to miss the bus to pelican, the boardie bash, I'm already going to miss the live perferomance at the Seastar on the 21st.
    I have always been curious on PA, but I'm thinking that I can just take a day trip to that side of the island with some friends etc.
    But if I just take the day trip, it's so many other thgs that I won't get to see and visit.
    I was also told it is one of the most beautiful parts of the island, but I may get bored because it isn't like Negril so that raises eyebrows.
    If I stay my entire trip in Negril I'm thinking of splitting my stay on the beach at Whitesands/cliffs of course I'm already booked at the Seastar.
    What would you do if you were me? Also, if anyone can give me any info on Whitesands that would be great, just considering............
    Thanks,
    Copper
    Live,Stay true to yourself, and Never Compromise for anything

User Info Menu

How about 3 days in Port A and 8 in Negril. My next reach I am going to Port A too - I hear it is wonderful!!!!! I think a day trip will not be enough time to experience the area. Good luck on your plans - I know you will have a wonderful trip whatever you decide.
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Hi Sweetness, It's a thought................
    Thanks

User Info Menu

I agree... did Port Antonio in January, and three days was about perfect for us. Too far away for a day trip, but worth the trip.

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear about your delema Copper.I hope you will join us all in negril when you get time.Will be fun.

User Info Menu

port antonio is beautiful. am biased; uncle used to man the power station. most run to frenchman's cove but it certainly isn't - well, i'll just say that it looks a bit different now. definitely still worth a visit for the cold water/warm water experience alone. folly ruins, boston jerk centre, boston bay, devon house ice cream, coconut jelly a roadside for $100 JA...if it was the first week of july, you'd get to experience the jerk festival over folly great house.

a "day trip" from negril? to portie? lol are you flying? otherwise, if you literally mean a "day trip" as in leave, reach ova desso, tarry and then drive back to negril? that would not be worth it IMHO. would probably enjoy the drive on the north coast (especially from oracabessa or so) though through galina, port maria, anotto bay, buff bay, etc. really lovely and peaceful drive until you go inland some.

User Info Menu

Thanks to all that replied, Kentory, I think that I'm going to do PA, you just conviced me to move frwd with Port Antonio....
    Thanks again...........
    I'm gonna miss you guys, but I will see you all soon.........

User Info Menu

Whatever you decide it will be perfect. Just read your signature line ☺

User Info Menu

Negril is great copper350, and if your goal for your vacation is to party and chill and socialize with other 'tourists', then that's where you want to spend your time. But in IMHO, you're short-changing yourself if you only ever visit Negril when traveling to Jamaica. Port Antonio is beautiful, as are many other areas of Jamaica. It's a shame that our vacations can't be extended to take in all the special destinations around the island. You might consider taking 5 days for the PA excursion - spend 3 nights there and 2 days for the road travel -- then the rest of your time in Negril. Don't even think about making it a day trip .... you wouldn't have time to get out of your car. I'm anxious to hear your evaluation/report of your PA adventure.

User Info Menu

I have been to Port Antonio many times and it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. You should definitely go there for a few days.
    As the others have mentioned, it is too far for a day trip.
    I would say do maybe 3 days there and then head to Negril.
    Last time I was in Port Antonio I stayed at Goblin Hill and really liked it.