Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Netflix

User Info Menu

Netflix

Hey people

Will I be able to utilize netflix in Negril? I don't plan to watch movies but Elmo is essential in this house as he allows me 20 minutes to get showered and dressed.
    Happy holiday family time!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    Hey people

Will I be able to utilize netflix in Negril? I don't plan to watch movies but Elmo is essential in this house as he allows me 20 minutes to get showered and dressed.
    As long as you have Wifi in your room you should be fine but I would bring a dvd or 2 for backup, JIC!

Administrator

User Info Menu

I do not think that Netflix allows Jamaican IP addresses to access their service. Maybe a subscription cookie overrides this - please ask Netflix about this issue. Also I dont think that the speeds of any internet system down here will allow for a solid stream from Netflix - so please bring several DVDs as backups as mentioned!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

When I was there last week Netflix worked fine for me! I watched monsters inc.... I just logged on and it worked.
    Last edited by BreanaAshlee; 03-14-2012 at 01:46 PM.

User Info Menu

I also looked into this feature with netflix and was told that outside the US/Canada, that one could NOT watch the movies unless you skirt around the issue with a VPN US based. Here is an article that might help.
    http://www.ehow.com/how_8115012_watc...x-outside.html Hope this helps. I have never taken my laptop to Ja. but next trip, I am planning to do so. Not that I am planning on watching movies, but several of my Jamaican friends have children and they are always wanting to watch movies while we visit. So, I am also going to try this trick and see if it works. Good Luck!!

User Info Menu

Netflix worked just fine for me in January.i have a Canadian account.If you need something to give you an American IP,this works just great.It allows me to access both Canadian and American content on Netflix by spoofing an American IP Address.It also allows you to access Hulu.com content.Just download it and install it on your computer.Takes a matter of minutes and is free. ( www.hotspotshield.com )

User Info Menu

You might want to bring a portable DVD player n some DVD just in case

User Info Menu

Thanks everyone! May just set the recorder and record Elmo and Seasame Street until the disk is full and bring it with us. I have the portable dvd player and hopefully I can attach it to the tv there. Well that problem is solved!!! Thanks peeps!
    Happy holiday family time!

User Info Menu

I streamed netflix no problem with an android tablet using the internet service as Swept Away. Actually, did have one problem - everything had spanish overdubs. I think that was just a setting on my end I couldnt figure out how to fix.