Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Alfred's Bookings, family photos etc...

User Info Menu

Alfred's Bookings, family photos etc...

Please email AlfredsTaxi@aol.com to reconfirm upcoming bookings, Mikey and the other guys can handle them for now, long term I do not know what will happen but over the next couple of months we should be able to maintain Alfred's Legacy so please let me know if you want to keep your bookings...
    Doreen is handling this pretty well but is concerned about finances as you can imagine so think we should set up some sort of fund to help her get through if anyone is interested in helping her out please let me know?!
    I am home and not sleeping much so if anyone wants to call me on my NYC# 646-289-4285 that would be nice!
    I would like to start an 'Alfred Barrett: July 4, 1957-March 14, 2012...In Memorium" thread with photos and stories so please feel free to get that going as I cannot even look at pix without falling apart at the moment
    I am a total wreck and am having a very hard time even keeping up with all the posts and love coming in on here and on Facebook so please bear with me...
    One Love
    Tracy

User Info Menu

Tracy, much love to you! This is such a terrible thing, and one of those random acts of violence that there is no way to make any sense of. I hope that people who do have bookings with Alfred's taxi keep them and that some of the proceeds will go to his wife and family. I shared a recent memory of Alfred on the first thread that appeared here on Negril.com and will post it on related threads as well. Love and blessings to all friends and family whose loss I can only begin to feel.

User Info Menu

Tracy, I have never met Alferd but on our first trip I chose between him and Rocky, but I've heard so many great things about him. I would love to donate to his family! Perhaps a PayPal account could be started for donations? Sending love and prayers to you all in this awful time.

Awaiting our return to Negril, 07/01/12

User Info Menu

Tracy,

Just sent you an email reconfirming.

RR
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

Tracy,
    Just want to let you know that I am thinking of you! I can't fathom the depth of your loss or the loss of his family, as I am sitting here, simply heartbroken. I have several pictures of Alfred, but none of the two of you. Sorry...and I hope you find them soon. Love to you!

User Info Menu

Please reconfirm upcoming bookings if you want to keep them with Mikey and our other drivers, I don't want to send anyone to the airport without re confirmation!!!
    Just email AlfredsTaxi@aol.com
    Thanks
    Tracy

User Info Menu

I am still preoccupied with this. So sad. Any word on starting a fund for his widow/family? If everyone he ever touched could give just a few dollars, I think it would be a substantial amount. Count me in too.

User Info Menu

Tracy (and everyone else) I mentioned this on another thread and thought it was worth mentioning here too... I think we should use the upcoming Boardie bash (at Canoe?) to have a collection for Alfred's family. We could certainly start collecting before that (and after) maybe make Canoe the collection point (webcasts?) I won't be coming down until the day after the bash so maybe someone else could take point on this ? If so let me know, I would certainly like to contribute...
    --Dave--

User Info Menu

Tracy I was so SAD to here this. BLESSINGS to YOU and his Family.
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool