Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Electricity

User Info Menu

Electricity

I assume everything is 110 and normal by polar plugs like in the US?
    But is is just an assumption and assuming can make an ass of u and me.......mostly me.
    Money is not the key to happiness, Happiness is!
    Ben Franklin

User Info Menu

After 25 plus trips, no need to take anything to convert....it's all good!! Now, power sometimes "finish" as the Jamaicans say....get use to the fact that sometimes electricity may go out from time to time, as with water pressure.......but not nearly as much as years ago. We use to laugh about the visits when we had these occurrences...saying that it wouldn't be a vacation in Jamaica unless it happened at least once. Yet, the past few years, no problems at all except some variations in water pressure. Enjoy!! Don't worry yourself about asking questions. I still have questions.....and if ya don't know the answer, then there is nothing else to do except ask........This board is truly a jewel!! So many things that I still ask about...someone always has an experience that helps.

User Info Menu

The main difference is it's 50Hz not 60Hz, meaning that any electrical appliance that you bring must support 50Hz. Alarm clocks will run slow, unless they are battery operated. Appliances that are not compatible with 50Hz will run hot. Just look at all your adapters, most devices will support 50 and 60Hz these days.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Joe Trinidad;42309]The main difference is it's 50Hz not 60Hz, meaning that any electrical appliance that you bring must support 50Hz. Alarm clocks will run slow, unless they are battery operated.

Joe, Is that how you account for "Jamaica time"???

User Info Menu

I brought a small waffle iron to our place in the hills and I've been waiting for a month for it to heat up. LOL. Just kidding, but it will not heat up enough for it to work. Also if I am using my sewing machine and a worker in the neighborhood starts up a machine, it will gear down my machine, so I stop working. Don't think these problems will affect you down near the beach.
    If your dream doesn't include the "impossible", it's too small - Joel Osteen