Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wow, $116 per night for a single at Grand Pineapple -- that's a SICK deal

User Info Menu

At an AI, I figure breakfast is worth 10, lunch is worth 15, and dinner is worth 20 plus a total of one extra meal as a snack (15) and eight drinks through the day (40), so that adds up to 100 dollars per day just for good food and good drinks (mix and match some alcohol, a fruit drink or two, a soft drink or water or two).

So by my crude math, you would getting the room at Grand Pineapple for 16 dollars including all taxes. The more you drink, the less the room costs, too!

User Info Menu

Also, during the same travel period, you can get Fun Holiday for 57 per night (all taxes included and zero extra charges) on both otel.com and dhr.com .... but if you call Fun Holiday directly or email them, the clueless office worker will swear on god's green earth that there is no way to get a room for such a low price, but alas you CAN do so with a push of a button:

http://www.travbuddy.com/hotels_loca...artSearch=true

User Info Menu

Gerry that happens there, I had a confirmation for cheap at F.H. and when I showed up they asked me where did you get this from? WTF
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

Yes, I have an old email thread between the Fun Holiday reservationist and myself that's is actually quite funny -- unintentionally so, on her part -- in which I keep sending the LINK of how I can get a room there for a certain price, and she keeps quoting me her own price which is MUCH higher, then a SIGNIFICANTLY higher, then SLIGHTLY higher, but she never gets the point of me looking for a deal that is LOWER .... It's like a Cheech N Chong skit.

User Info Menu

I just booked GP for 12-1 thru 12-13. We booked our favorite Gardenside Cottage. The prices on easytobook were the same price as on GP's site right now, for 12 days ($2620). It comes out to $109.00 a person. A great deal I figure for one of the best (IMHO) AI's in Negril. Small property feel with everything you need, plus a great location on the beach. Though the deals were better when they first started staying open from Sept. thru Dec. a few years ago (10 days with airfare for $1100.00 for a single) I still can't complain about the price. Will unfortunately miss my april trip this year, but am looking forward to our time at GP in Dec. Oh, thanks for the easytobook link. Looks like a decent site.

Respect

Kirt

User Info Menu

I think it's free cancellation, too, and that always gives you peace of mind in the months leading up to the vacation ....

User Info Menu

I priced GP and it would be about $104 per person for AI....that is crazy good. If I didn't already have a reservation with Coco, I'd jump on this. Still very much tempted!

User Info Menu

I looked and i could not get a room... all booked up....

User Info Menu

Gerry - in 2008 we got it for $65/per person!!