Our second day I played golf at Negril Hills while Bet relaxed with her book. I was fortunate enough to get paired with a couple of fellows from Winnipeg who were staying at Seastar. Won't bore you with the details but they were great guys and invited me to play with them again Monday. The rest of the day was just chilling at Westender.
Saturday we had booked a day trip to Black River / YS Falls through Clive's. Pick up was 9:00 so I walked to Out of Town and bought some of the famous Patties and Loaves I had read so much about. They were every bit as good as was promised. I had bought extra and gave them to Kelvin and his work partner.
The ride to B.R / Y.S. was pleasant saw some beautiful places along the way. We very much enjoyed the day trip and would recommend it to any one. ( A few photos to follow )
Sunday was Bonfire cookout night but so we used the first part of the day to visit Xtabi and Negril Escape. Some of you may remember I changed from N.E. to Westender at the last minute.
What we saw of N.E. was nice. I did see the area of the roofs that the palm fronds or what ever it is covering thems had blown off. I did not get to look inside the rooms but I find it hard to believe that those things were what kept the rain out of the rooms. I think we would have been happy staying there. The only thing negative was the bar did not seem to be stocked very well. At least at that moment. We each asked for several drinks before we found something they had available and I can't recall now the details.
Xtabi grounds and view were beautiful. Again we did not check the rooms but the Bar / Restaurant really caught our eye. I already mentioned the visit to the cave in a previous post and won't relive it other than to say BE CAREFULL when going down the steps to the cave. The steps down and floor of the cave is very slippery.

Name:  BR-YS 5 Croc 2.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  44.9 KB
Croc at Black Rver

Name:  BR-YS 6 Snorkeler.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  74.1 KB
Snorkeler at B.R

Name:  BR-YS 7 Big Croc.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  48.7 KB
Soon after we saw the snorkeler we came upon this big guy!

Name:  BR-YS 9 Zip.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  57.5 KB
Me on the Zip at Y.S. Falls

Name:  BR-YS 10 YS Falls.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  66.2 KB
Picture of the Falls

Name:  Out & About 5 - N.E. Rooms.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  48.3 KB
Negril Escape cottages