Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The joint! sirriusly.

User Info Menu

We have Dish Network and I listen to this channel ALLLLL the time.
    “Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.” Bob Marley

http://www.iberostar.info/]

User Info Menu

Rooster, what is an XM setup?
    I have Sat. radio in my truck, love, love, love the joint. Would love to have in on vacation in Negril!

User Info Menu

Just went to the Spotify website. Is this a music sharing site (ala Kaaza and Napster)?
    [/url]

User Info Menu

The "Joint" was a replacement for Dish when they dropped two other Reggae station, from their Menu, quite some time ago......

here is more info on this station...... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Joint_%28Sirius_XM%29
    Last edited by Rambo; 03-22-2012 at 12:49 PM.
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whitesandsok View Post
    Just went to the Spotify website. Is this a music sharing site (ala Kaaza and Napster)?
    Spotify is legal...it is a hybrid between music sharing and downloading.

A monthly fee entitles you to make unlimited albums/playlists/songs available "offline" on your smartphone or computer. If you stop your subscription, those songs disappear from your library.

I look at it like this: for $10/month, i.e. SPOTIFY PREMIUM, I own almost every album ever recorded. By comparison, one iTunes album download can cost $10. It takes the Netflix 'streaming model' and applies it to music. I love it. You can share music with friends too, etc.

If you don't subscribe, you have to have cell service or Internet access to listen to the songs you want to hear and you get ads (they play between every 3 tunes).

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brasi View Post
    Spotify is legal...it is a hybrid between music sharing and downloading.

A monthly fee entitles you to make unlimited albums/playlists/songs available "offline" on your smartphone or computer. If you stop your subscription, those songs disappear from your library.

I look at it like this: for $10/month, i.e. SPOTIFY PREMIUM, I own almost every album ever recorded. By comparison, one iTunes album download can cost $10. It takes the Netflix 'streaming model' and applies it to music. I love it. You can share music with friends too, etc.

If you don't subscribe, you have to have cell service or Internet access to listen to the songs you want to hear and you get ads (they play between every 3 tunes).
    Thanks for the clarification!
    [/url]