Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Customs Question - when returning

User Info Menu

I'm sorry...I thought about it and it was Charlotte, NC. It was only the people who carried it on and were getting a connected flight.
    One Good Thing About Music, When It Hits You Feel No Pain!

User Info Menu

Ras Walleye is correct. If you're connecting a flight after going through customs, you'll have to put all your liquids in your checked baggage. You will not be able to carry any types of liquids on domestic flights. If you're going straight through to your final destination from JA, it won't be a problem.

User Info Menu

I once flew USAir from Jamaica and had to connect in Charlotte, NC to D.C. If you purchs liquor at the airport in Jamaica and carry it on the plane with you, once you land in your connecting city you will have to take that liquor out of the box they put it in and pack it into your check luggage after you clear Immagration. PLEASE be aware that you will have to re-check your luggage and if it is overweight you will have to pay the extra charges.
    http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

I found this little contraption online that I think I may purchase to bring my rum cream back. Basically its like a collapsable waterbottle but its for alcohol and that way you don't have to worry about spillage OR the weight of the glass bottle. For me this means I will purchase my rum cream on the island that way it will already be packed!
    Happy holiday family time!

User Info Menu

Delta - if you mus' have your rum cream and can't carry enuf, this might be an option.

http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/P-3286.aspx

Cheers! Happy travels.

Last edited by SweetSue; 03-23-2012 at 07:39 AM.

User Info Menu

Once we (2 of us) came back through customs with 12 bottles of rum and had to pay a small duty (maybe $15). Another time we had 9 bottles of rum and 1 rum cream and they looked at us sternly and said to not do that again.
    I am always up front with them about the amount because lying to the customs people is a crime.

Respect,
    Col. Andy & "Wildcat" Pam