Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Preferred camera??

User Info Menu

I have used several of the cameras mentioned but right now I'm using a FUJI with 10x zoom. I think it takes great pictures in many different settings. Here are a few examples for you.

Name:  DSCF2014 (Copy).JPG
Views: 326
Size:  89.2 KB

Name:  DSCF2032 (Copy).jpg
Views: 326
Size:  73.1 KB

Name:  DSCF2040 (Copy).JPG
Views: 276
Size:  71.6 KB
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

I also cast a vote for the Fuji. I have the model with the 30X optical zoom.
    Great quality, even on the long zoom. HD video. User friendly. Great price.

User Info Menu

Olympus makes a nice series of small pocket sized point and shoots...The SW series...they are nearly indestructible.
    Waterproof to about 30ft, can survive a drop onto a hard surface of about 5ft...and they take nice pics. The zoom is not great, but any camera I can keep in my pocket while swimming at Mayfield falls is OK with me :-)

Name:  P4280701.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  92.6 KB

Name:  P4260574.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  96.5 KB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie2012 View Post
    Wow, this picture is beautiful. This is the type of clarity (no pun intended!) I am looking for
    Haha! Thanks
    I chose that picture because it demonstrates a cool feature of the camera. It has an HDR option – It takes several pictures at the same time and does this merge thing, so that the details in the shadows come out and the Bright areas don’t get blown out. This picture was taken using that function on the camera.
    IMHO Sony Cybershot delivers the best Bang for the buck.

Tizzy – The optical zoom is great in my newer model camera. I did have some problems in regards to the quality diminishing after a certain amount of X zooms. Once you reached 12X zoom for example, The picture didn't look as crisp.

STL & Lorax2 – Beautiful pictures!!
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

I've used 3 different cameras in Jamaica. I always have my big digital zoom with me but I find I carry the small point and shout waterproof camera more just because it's more convenient and durable. Doesn't matter if it starts to rain or I drop it or I want to take it in swimming or snorkeling. I've used a Canon D10 and a Panasonic TS2. Panasonic just came out with the TS3 now which has built in GPS. Wish I had waited a year for the TS3

Panasonic
    http://www.dpreview.com/news/2011/1/25/panasonicts3

Canon D10
    http://www.dpreview.com/news/2009/2/18/canond10

Some photos taken with the Panasonic TC2
    Name:  P1010343.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  87.4 KB
    Name:  P1010957.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  88.5 KB
    Name:  P1020314.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  91.1 KB
    Name:  P1010084.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  86.4 KB
    Name:  P1020113.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  87.0 KB
    Last edited by dbrook; 03-23-2012 at 08:52 PM.

User Info Menu

I use a Canon SX230IS. It has great optics and can record true HD video. I have posted some pics in the Fav Pics thread. What ever camera you decide on, get the highest class memory card that you can. It will help with shooting speeds. I use Class 10 cards.

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=dbrook;44014]I've used 3 different cameras in Jamaica. I always have my big digital zoom with me but I find I carry the small point and shout waterproof camera more just because it's more convenient and durable. Doesn't matter if it starts to rain or I drop it or I want to take it in swimming or snorkeling. I've used a Canon D10 and a Panasonic TS2. Panasonic just came out with the TS3 now which has built in GPS. Wish I had waited a year for the TS3

Panasonic
    http://www.dpreview.com/news/2011/1/25/panasonicts3

The pictures taken with the Panasonic are GREAT! Nice to see Mike & crew on the water, I know you had a good time. How is the video on this camera?

User Info Menu

Any advice for camera novices with an Olympus SP-810UZ / 14megapixels -- 36x zoom?? Badnaz got this camera as a Christmas present from my mother and we just opened it last week. Our previous experience was a Casio and Nikon point and shoots.

This one looks a little intimidating / oh yeah we leave in 2 days.

Jamb

User Info Menu

Nice pic of the seahorses.

User Info Menu

Sweetsue - It takes great video. The TS3 shots Full HD: 1920 x 1080 pixels. My TS2 shots 1280 x 720. The following video was shot with the TS2 at 1280 x 720 (Ignore my fat finger in the way for part of it)