Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Sugar Shack?

User Info Menu

Sugar Shack?

Did anyone ever eat at the Sugar Shack in Ocean Isle Beach, NC? It is owned by someone from Jamaica and is said to serve authenic jerk and curry dishes. Please advise.

User Info Menu

OMG! Yes, when I used to live in Myrtle Beach we would actually drive all the way up there just to eat because it was the only place around with authentic jamaican food. Awesome....but that was years ago when I was in college, late 90s havent been back or heard anything about it since
    Is it still open?

User Info Menu

Thanks for the response. Yes, they are open most of the year except for off season. People in the area recommend it and we always wanted to try it. Hope to do so this trip.

User Info Menu

Well it's great to hear that they are still in business
    Just hearing the name brings back lots of great memories, I hope you make it there and enjoy it!

User Info Menu

Just an FYI.......
    don't ever name your place in Jamaica the "Sugar Shack" cause they won't be coming for da food der.....lol

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;405/st/20110824/e/Negril+Vacation/k/ab46/event.png[/img
    I LEFT MY HEART IN JAMAICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Turtle Towers, Ochie '85~Seawind, MoBay '89~Jamaica Grande, Ochie '99~Pebbles, Falmouth '09~Coco La Palm, Negril '11

http://www.tickerfactory.com/