Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Home Sweet Home for $83 a good deal????

User Info Menu

Home Sweet Home for $83 a good deal????

I'm planning to spend a night or two somewhere new this trip while simultaneously staying at Seastar Inn (so a LOW budget place is preferable unless the deal is amazing). I just think it would be nice to hear the crashing of the waves as I sleep for a night or two, and it will feel like an adventure within an adventure.

Anyway, I see Home Sweet Home is available for 83 a night, and that sounds like a good deal. Rhodes is affordable, too, at 70 per night but in lowest category room with two cot-like single beds -- but if you can upgrade, that's REALLY worth it.

Westender is also in the mix, and maybe Half Moon Beach if I want to rough it a bit, lol ....

Any other ideas????

User Info Menu

Half Moon sounds like a great place to stay. I haven't been up close to one of their rooms, however the place is super chill and how bad can the rooms really be? It is on my to do list to check out a room next reach if one is open. The guy that runs the place Andrew is laid back and I'm sure a solid host. I say rough it Mighty Californian and share your adventures for all to enjoy.

Just realized my reply to you was my 666th post. Saved it just for you Gerry.

User Info Menu

I'm staying a Home Sweet Home this trip, I thought it was a good deal. It's great waking up early, cup of coffee, looking out seeing the fisherman coming and going, listening & the sunrise. Ahhh..

User Info Menu

$83 is a good deal at HSH. If it is through a travel site I would call Charlie and ask if he'll match it. He will probably make more money that way. I think you'd like it Gerry, very chill and low key spot. Having said that I'm kinda with Booger in saying go to half moon and let us know, it intrigues me as well...
    What's so funny 'bout Peace, Love and Understanding?

User Info Menu

We are booked there for 3 nights in November. We will be on the beach in April (at the same time as everybody else on the board right now) but have decided we are not going to check out HSH. We will just be surprised in November. Also dealing with Charlie was a pleasure. He answers emails right away and even called me. Seems like a nice guy. Guiri says he is so he must be!!!

User Info Menu

Thanks Mo, that's sweet! Looking forward to meeting you and Bob in the far too distant future!
    What's so funny 'bout Peace, Love and Understanding?

User Info Menu

Gerry - any place on West End seaside for under $100 is a good deal in my opinion. The 24/7 sea vies is priceless and a must have for me. I am gonna ck HSH also once in Negril for future stay. GREAT location too (my neighborhood lol). If you have your scooter then Half Moon and Rhodes would be doable and peaceful and remote so depends on what you are looking for. Have you ever checked Blue Horizon - right by HSH, tell Bill/Jean I sent you......I think those are only $60 night/big balcony. You can search my old posts for pics but here are a few from there.
    Bless - Sweet
    Name:  020.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  43.4 KB
    Name:  Jamaica June 2011 - 518 (Small).jpg
Views: 211
Size:  37.0 KB
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

I have probably past that BLUE HORIZON sign a million times, never had a chance to check it out. The hotel is rarely talked about on this forum, but now you have piqued my interest .... Also, the unadvertised Westender back cottages are actually quite luxurious though without a view. Still, I enjoy giving Westender my business because they're so remote they don't get much traffic (plus I hang out there all the time!).

User Info Menu

I know if that was within my budget range I would jump on it, that's for sure. Always thought it looked like a really nice place from the pics, and the view can't be beat..