Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Ruh Roh - Too Much in the Suitcases

User Info Menu

Cool Ruh Roh - Too Much in the Suitcases

.....and I haven't even put my clothes in yet. YIKES
    I know it is gonna be a long reach but I don't know how its all gonna fit LOL.

I am taking down 40 thin books for a JA author friend and will be paying duty for the first time so they take up half the small suitcase I will check. The huge one is half full already. Then big carryon bag w/shoes, books, laptop. OY!!!!

Gonna be another close one. Luckily I get three free checked bags on United Business class. Hate to take three but may have to. Always less coming back so I can put one inside another I guess. I think 50-70 lbs each if I am reading the info right.

Oh my! I am just not a light traveler - can't dowit!!!!!!
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

LOL, guess there are worse problems to have. Good luck Sweetness!! See you soon
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness View Post
    Oh my! I am just not a light traveler - can't dowit!!!!!!
    OMG ...you should change your handle to "pack horse"....

Bless you for what you do!!!!
    Last edited by captaind; 04-06-2012 at 04:30 PM.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

take what you need--you are staying a while, lucky you. But non-essential items of different sorts can be bought in JA while you are there, so don't panic. Good thing you don't have to pay for bags. That is nice of you to carry the books--those weigh a lot and take space, even if they are thin ones.

User Info Menu

"non-essential" LOL ?????? Unfortunately - the pile doesn't include stuff I can buy in JA - I am just spoiled I think to having "options". No worries - I will make it - I always do some how.....yes many times have had to do the "shame shuffle" on the floor in check in line - take out stuff put in the carry on - make the weight......LOL
    Last edited by Sweetness; 04-06-2012 at 08:46 PM.
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Shame shuffle doesn't sound like fun--never been there/done that. Though I remember packing some massive bags to and from Cambodia and India--I think that was before they got all insane with baggage allowances. I have never been lucky enough to go to JA for longer than 12 days, so didn't have to go through any packing dilemmas. You'll get it down though--good thing you are going business class.

User Info Menu

My goodness - with all of the stress in packing these days, "clothing optional" does start to sound better and better... lol Although for me? not an option. I just need to lose weight so my clothes can be smaller.

User Info Menu

Another problem for me Sue......all my big girl clothes.....I am working on it but for now they take up soooo much room. My best friend can fit a month's worth in a carry on - they are itty bitty.
    Last edited by Sweetness; 04-07-2012 at 09:22 AM.
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Just more to love Sweetness......I'm right there with you. LOL

User Info Menu

My lovely Jake packed our cases today. She manages to squeeze everything into such small spaces. but it's done and I wanna go NOW!!!!
    Rise early, treat everyday as though it's your last and your last day as it's your first.