Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Catcha off limits to sea star guest!..

User Info Menu

Booger...it's been years since that's been stated on there!
    It was 2008 that it was last on the Seastar website.
    Last edited by Bnewb; 04-10-2012 at 12:53 PM.

User Info Menu

It still says that their is cliff access at Catcha on the Negril One-Stop website under its list of Seastar amenities. I know it is an independent site so you have to take it with a grain of salt, but I can understand folks being confused - especailly since I was!

http://www.negrilonestop.com/seastar_amenities.shtml

User Info Menu

Unfortunately...Negril One Stop is doing a disservice to all of their clients...Catcha Falling Star, Seastar and people that book through them.

User Info Menu

Fixed...Much respect to Onestop!
    I have trusted them for great info for many years now!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    Booger...it's been years since that's been stated on there!
    It was 2008 that it was last on the Seastar website.
    Interesting, as I first went to Seastar's website last year. You sure about that?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    I did not see one of your first posts saying that you stayed there "maybe four years ago or so" & that you liked the sea access that was offered at Catcha at that time.
    I didnt say that in a post.

User Info Menu

Booger, I am with you. I came up with the idea after first seeing it on Seastar Inn's web site. I asked Chris at the time, who said it was an "informal agreement" with Catcha .... Then, Chris said, Catcha eventually changed its mind.

Folks, if it makes you feel better, Catcha Gardens guest are equally unwelcome as anyone else under Catcha's (relatively) new policy.

User Info Menu

NegrilOneStop has taken it off their amenities, I'm sure they didn't put that up maliciously. I've traveled through them several times and they have never done a disservice to us. In fact they were great the few times we have had issues with flights, etc.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post
    Interesting, as I first went to Seastar's website last year. You sure about that?
    Actually...my mistake was that I assumed (shame on me) that sea access was listed on Seastar's site before 2008 as I knew that was the last time there was a major change on their website.
    I went back even further to 2004 try to actually find where it was stated that they had special access at Catcha & I couldn't find a thing.
    You can check for yourself, Booger at archive.org.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JaJodi View Post
    NegrilOneStop has taken it off their amenities, I'm sure they didn't put that up maliciously. I've traveled through them several times and they have never done a disservice to us. In fact they were great the few times we have had issues with flights, etc.
    Jajodi...no one said it was malicious. Wrong information..simply said...is a disservice...they've corrected it...done!

Actually...I find this whole thread/the original post a bit strange.
    Again...this is simple...Catcha Falling Star hasn't offered access to non-paying room guests for quite some time...I believe it's almost a couple of years or more when they became particularly strict about it. As Catcha became more popular they started to restrict the number of people on the property...it's their right to do so. And, it has nothing to do with whether you're a Seastar guest or not...it's all outside visitors to Catcha.
    Last edited by Bnewb; 04-10-2012 at 04:44 PM.