Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Catcha off limits to sea star guest!..

User Info Menu

Catcha off limits to sea star guest!..

Had to pass on ivans this eve was told no longer welcome unless we book. boo hoo.

User Info Menu

There's a wedding there...maybe that was the actual issue!

User Info Menu

When I stopped by for a visit in Feb they told me no outside guests during the day any more. Out side guests were still welcome for dinner though.
    [http://daisypath.com]

User Info Menu

I'd say that would be the polite thing to do. I suppose that's why the main gate is closed and guarded 24/7.

User Info Menu

That is what it is now, outside guests after 5 for dinner and the bar only.
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

After 5 policy seems right to me.

User Info Menu

I thought it has been like that for a long time? I have no problem with that at all.

User Info Menu

Better that way, if you ask me...we made a reservation for, and had the shuttle bring us to Catcha...no crowd/beautiful!!

User Info Menu

I can understand why Catcha set that up, and support their reasoning. But when I stayed at Seastar, that made my trip--being able to swim in the sea at Catcha ( maybe 4 years ago or so). Seastar guests had privileges there and that made all the difference for me as I want easy sea-access when I go to JA and prefer swimming in the sea to a pool. Also I was there during off season--so I think my business at Ivans was appreciated--I never saw more than a couple of guests around.

User Info Menu

I know that last trip, Vincent said he had to pick us up at Catcha. We were not staying there, but we asked the guard at the gate if we could get picked up there and he told us to check at the desk. They said no problem...which we really appreciated. We bought a drink while waiting and enjoyed the views until Vincent showed.

I understand they have their rules but I was really thrilled to be able to be picked up there for our snorkel trip. I have been told however, that if the sea "roughs up" that the resorts have to allow one to exit through their property. Vincent said that they indeed can not allow folks to just wonder in, etc....but if you have to exit from the sea...you are allowed to leave through the properties....not hang out or swim, etc...