Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gerry G's official Negril packing list. Am I forgetting anything?????

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jim-Donna View Post
    It is also good to bring along some pediatric electrolyte. They now have it in powder. Just add to water. GREAT if you are dehydrated, hung over, or vomiting and diarrhea. If you do not use it give it to someone with a child. WICKED good for hangovers~~
    i wish someone told me this when i was there in march. I had some pretty bad hangovers! lol

User Info Menu

Maybe some airborne for before the plane flights. Closed quarters with germy people.
    Da Ninja - 1st Annual Belly Flop Champ - Soon Come

~Fear accompanies the possibility of Death, Calm shepherds its certainty.

People's actions no longer affect a warrior when he has no more expectations of any kind. A strange peace becomes the ruling force in his life. He has adopted one of the concepts of a warrior's life -- detachment.
    ~from "The Eagle's Gift"~
    blog.ralonzosinclair.com

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BreanaAshlee View Post
    i wish someone told me this when i was there in march. I had some pretty bad hangovers! lol
    I find Excedrin extra strength BEFORE you go to sleep helps, too.

User Info Menu

--Vicks Vaporub works far better than any bug repellent i tried... plus the doctor in Negril recommended it to me when i developed an allergic reaction to sandfly bites.

I also bring down a flashlight, and tealight candals because you never know when the power is going to go out.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gerryg123 View Post
    I find Excedrin extra strength BEFORE you go to sleep helps, too.
    Im writing this in my travel book so i don't forget!

Hangovers will definitely be a problem during ATI.

User Info Menu

OMG ex-ochigirl... Thank-you! One time in Treasure Beach I was nearly eaten alive by by sandfly bites. I soked in the hottest water I could get! UGH I'm packing the VICKS NOW!!
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ex-ochigirl View Post
    --Vicks Vaporub works far better than any bug repellent i tried... plus the doctor in Negril recommended it to me when i developed an allergic reaction to sandfly bites.

I also bring down a flashlight, and tealight candals because you never know when the power is going to go out.
    On that note if you use a flash light and are out and about might want to use a red lens. White light travels the furthest and it can be annoying to people you dont know you are hitting with it. Just a little note form my NAVY/Burningman days
    Da Ninja - 1st Annual Belly Flop Champ - Soon Come

~Fear accompanies the possibility of Death, Calm shepherds its certainty.

People's actions no longer affect a warrior when he has no more expectations of any kind. A strange peace becomes the ruling force in his life. He has adopted one of the concepts of a warrior's life -- detachment.
    ~from "The Eagle's Gift"~
    blog.ralonzosinclair.com

User Info Menu

Traveler's Checks didn't work for us last trip. Husband showed ID and started signing away. Only to be told his signature was different (he's a lefty) so they wouldn't cash them at the cambio in Hi Lo. Not bothering with TC's this trip. We had to use credit card where we felt safe using it so our cash didn't run out. Luckily we were staying at CCLP so we charged everything we ate and drank there.

User Info Menu

Mini mag lite for sure with new batteries and a couple of spares
    Passport!
    Grinder
    Pepto
    iPod
    Negril map

User Info Menu

I once asked a Negril local rasta kind of dude what time it was and he told me it was day time.... lol! Only two times in Jamaica, day time and night time! Leave the watches at home, there's no need for them in Jamaica.

As to using travellers cheques, that's all we've done each trip and no problems. That's not to say it can't happen I guess. Also found that the Scotia Bank was most convenient with a long wait on occasion but nice A/C, for cashing said travellers cheques. Always best exchange.

Peace
    Elvino