Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Guess what American sent me today...

User Info Menu

Guess what American sent me today...

The e-mail notification of my flight change times, more than a week after I discovered it myself. Maybe AA got some feedback on this issue. Still doesn't explain the other 2 times they never notified me. Anyone else get a notification after finding out on your own that your flights had been changed?

User Info Menu

What sort of changes? . . . did they change it by hours or whole days?

I just booked with AA over this past weekend. I tend to go on to aa.com and check on it every few days anyway . . . just a nervous nellie that way.

Kolya

User Info Menu

Our flight times changed with NO notice given. Not by much time, but enough to make a difference. I have set up a change notice, but have never gotten one.
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

Hours. My original post was about the flight times changing & I'd not reveived an e-mail from AA the last 3 trips. I saw the change & over a week later they notify me by e-mail, thus this post. I've had changes by hours (June -July trip last year & Feb. trip this year) & sometimes by minutes over the years... they'd notify me then. That's part of the strangeness of the situation. If you're coming in the discussion now, you already missed the earlier part of the story. One trip I learned of the change - only because I checked my reservations online just before departure... I'd have been heading to the airport when my flight was taking off. Not cool at all. Communication on their end needs to improve. If you're flying AA through MIA, there are bound to be changes &/or delays.

User Info Menu

Our last trip to JA our flight was CANCELLED and we received no notification... NICE... good thing we always check a few days out.
    Don't waste your time with explanations, people only hear what they want to hear.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiB View Post
    Our last trip to JA our flight was CANCELLED and we received no notification... NICE... good thing we always check a few days out.
    What?!

Okay, I'm officially getting freaked out by the amount of flight changes and cancellations that are being reported about American Airlines!
    I've been checking my flight daily and each time with a level of fear....If they change or cancel any part of our trip, It would be a big problem.
    I'm using every vacation hour I have for this trip. I'm working up until the point where my flight leaves and when I return I only have an eight hour window before I have to return to work.

Has anyone used American Airlines and had NO problems at all? Totally Smooth ride, made it to JA on time..etc?
    Any HAPPY stories at all to put my mind at ease?
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

you feel like "cattle" sometimes...you pay in full what they asked of you...and then they just forget about you.....my first flight experience in the 60's was meet like I was a VERY rich person.........It has changed...gotten very "Cold"...BUT flying has gotten much-much safer....
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

Clarity I hear ya. We picked up our car at the hotel in Toronto at 4:50 am and I drove home like a mad woman so my husband could leave for work by 7:30 am. Oh well, our vacation was great as usual and if you are a little late for work the world won't end!

User Info Menu

Oh, and by the way Clarity - in mannnny years on this planet that was the only flight we've ever had cancelled.