Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How good a time would a Negril friend have for 1 week in your home town?

User Info Menu

Interesting question, Gerryg! I think they would like it! It would have to be in the summer (they wouldn't even get off the plane in Montreal in January!) and there would be lots to do, although the total lack of beaches may be strange for them! If they came in the winter, I would haul them out back to make snow angels and come in for hot cocoa! In the summer, I would hope they would be here for Grand Prix week (Montreal puts on one hell of a week-long party!!!), the JazzFest or the Comedy Festival. We have incredible restos here, so they could try some really interesting international foods. A St-Jean-Baptiste fireworks and celebration, and then head to our nation's capital for Canada Day! I would LOVE to bring so many people for a visit! Wish I could!

User Info Menu

I think Oregon would be very interesting for a Jamaican. The Pacific Ocean beaches are a little over an hour away and the mountains with snow around 2 hour drive away. There are beautiful rivers, falls and interesting shopping areas. I doubt anyone will come since it is so far for traveling and takes around 24 hours to make all the connections. Also it is doubtful that they could get a visa since my government is so picky about letting anyone in for a visit. Ted has tried 3 times and been denied within 2 minutes time and for no reason since he has never been arrested. They do not give a reason and he says he will not give my government anymore money.
    If your dream doesn't include the "impossible", it's too small - Joel Osteen

User Info Menu

Yeah, apparently everybody who comes here likes it cause they dont seem to leave lol. Lots of live music....lots of good swimming spots....great restaraunts. it's hot and humid so that wouldn't be anything new. Yeah I think someone from Negril would have a good time here.
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TizzyATX View Post
    Yeah, apparently everybody who comes here likes it cause they dont seem to leave lol. Lots of live music....lots of good swimming spots....great restaraunts. it's hot and humid so that wouldn't be anything new. Yeah I think someone from Negril would have a good time here.
    I'd love to go to SXSW....

User Info Menu

Brasi...thats when I start looking for my escape route LOL

Jk, but you would love SXSW
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

Someday I'll be able to get there!

My town is a huge music-haven, but it pales compared to Austin, TX.