Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Hoping for some help-Wedding in Negril

User Info Menu

Hoping for some help-Wedding in Negril

Our wedding date is set for Aug 2013, I have been browsing the web and have decided on Negril vs Montego Bay and Ochi. I was thinking about Rondel Village because from the website I like the setting for a small wedding only 15-20 people. I dont see you guys talking about them from the past posts. What is your opinions on Rondels Village?

User Info Menu

Hi SimandRay!

Welcome to the board and also congrats on the upcoming marriage. Negril is definitely the best choice!
    My husband and I got married in Negril in 2010, on the cliffs.
    I have never stayed at Rondel so can't really comment on it but I know it does have a loyal following, so that is a good sign. Also, when we were getting married there was a girl in the salon getting married the same weekend at Rondell and she was very happy with it.
    This board will be a very valuable resource for any questions you may have, so feel free to ask away and we will all do our best to answer.

But (as much as I hate to be the bearer of bad news) I feel I have to at least warn you on planning your wedding during hurricane season.....this is coming from me, a person who ignored everyone who warned me of the same, we got married in October and a week before our wedding a Tropical Storm damaged the entire property where all of our guests were to stay and where we were to get married. We had to completely replan our entire wedding in 5 days, including finding a new venue AND a new place for everyone to stay. Also, August is one of the HOTTEST times of all in Jamaica, so I just wanted to mention both of those things so you are sure to have all of the information. Other than that, we will definitely answer any other questions you may have.....again, sorry to be the one with the less than pleasant warnings, but I know what it was like to go through that and therefore I had to at least mention it to you.

User Info Menu

Thank you for welcome Marley and Congratulations on your Negril wedding, its good to know that you had a great time.

Aww man about the weather, thanks for the heads up..i was thinking with the breeze coming off the sea it wouldn't be so hot. I will have to think about the date. I am off to check the rest of the threads to see if I can find anything on Rondels, the property looks beautiful.

User Info Menu

I know a variety of folks who have stayed at Rondel and love it, lots of repeat guests. MArley makes a good point about weather and HEAT, especially on the beach it can be HOT.

User Info Menu

We got married in Negil in Dec. 2010, too. We were at the Seastar. I would recommend that! Chris and Francine do a wonderful job. She made my bouquet and it was stunning! If you have a small group, it would be great. It's not on the cliffs or the beach, but it's very, well, what can I say - homey! Like getting married in your backyard!

My understanding is that the heat builds through July and Aug, and it was hot last July, let me tell you. Forget make up! It just melts off almost instantly! Your mascara will probably stay on but anything else? Not gonna last too long! Definitely go for loose and casual dress, for the bride and groom! Nothing fussy or you'll melt and be a puddle long before "I do"!

User Info Menu

Thank Lola and M&G, I took what you guys said about the heat into consideration and really I am not a fan of being sweaty and hot plus we have a 6 and 2 yr olds, so we changed our date to Nov 2013. I will also check out Seastar it doesn't hurt to have options.

User Info Menu

Sim and Ray, November will be a great time.....you should look into Catcha Falling Star as well.....of course I may be partial, as I think it is the most beautiful place on Earth!

User Info Menu

If you've changed the date then anywhere in Negril would be goo. Have stayed at Rondel and found it better than most, like the bar, like the food, two pools and a beautiful sea awaits.