Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Trip Report: ULTRA BUMP

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by suzengrace View Post
    Ok Rizla....THE WORD.....the corn porridge word..... (i dont have pm cabapilites on this board BTW)
    I do not use sugar or condensed milk. I bought polenta because the cornmeal was extra fine.

Cornmeal Porridge

INGREDIENTS :

1 cup fine yelllow cornmeal
    3 cups water
    1 cup milk
    1/4 teaspoonnutmeg
    (sugar to taste or fat free condensed milk)
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
    3 tablespoons fat free condensed milk or sugar to taste
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract

METHOD:

Mix cornmeal in 1 cup water.
    Bring remainder of water and milk to boil and stir in cornmeal and salt.
    Cook for about 10-12 mins.
    Add nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla.
    Sweeten with condense milk to taste
    Serve hot. Ideal for children.
    Last edited by rizla; 04-17-2012 at 05:49 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by David B. Irie View Post
    Hi Riz, So happy to see you post again. Only had time to skim the pages to make sure it was you. I will print your report and enjoy it before bed time if I can wait that long. :-) Hope all is well.
    So nice to see you, David! ENJOY!

User Info Menu

Just figured out how to respond with multiple quotes...
    Quote Originally Posted by negrilbound View Post
    Rizla originals......... we are going back in time......
    Loved the prose.......captivating as usual........ sincerely missed...but.... not forgotten
    Welcome Home........
    Don't be a stranger,,,,,,,,,,
    Thank you, Negrilbound!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    My mom had pancreatic cancer. Praying for your friend.
    I'm sorry you had to go through that Coco. The doctor is optimistic and that's all we can hope for at this point.

User Info Menu

Yum! Thanks for the recipe, rizla!

User Info Menu

Enjoyed your trip report and photos! TY!

User Info Menu

Re: Trip Report: ULTRA BUMP

I had forgotten all about this thread, thanks Lisa for posting that on the other thread, and now I am doubly excited to be going to SATP, I didn't ever think I would have the funds for a stay there, but my friend got it for the same price about as Grand Pineapple! Once I reread this, I feel sooo much better about staying here instead of GP, especially this part:

"I find that BB is a microcosm of the seven-mile stretch of Negril Beach, but with a slight twist. Although we are on an all-inclusive (AI) property, the salesmen are not chased off if you choose to call them over. Nearby are the familiar tables of jewelry, sarongs, and other wares. Directly next door to us is Office of Nature. What I loved about Sunset at the Palms is that it maintains its Jamaican character at all times. I felt pampered without feeling like I sold out, without feeling like I could have been at any resort in the Caribbean. There was a careful balance between comfort and convenience with beach yard life. I was still able to meet Jamaicans from all over the island with stories to tell, ears to lend, and laughs to share."

that sounds PERFECT for me, I am so glad that there is some of the same vibe as there is on Long Bay.

User Info Menu

Riz, great to see you back on the board!

Been almost 4 years since my last reach!

Need to get back soon....

Maybe Negril 101 needs an update???

Enjoy,

VVHT

User Info Menu

The return of Rizla! Good to see you! Don't know how I missed this report in April!

User Info Menu

Wow always enjoyed your post in the past.Nice to see a oldtimer pop in.I don't think you missed anything at hedo that you haven't seen before only not in the open. lol Welcome back I missed your writting style.

User Info Menu

You might be interested to hear Israel Kamkawiwoo'ole's version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Donnavon's is very similar. Iz passed away several years ago but his music is heavenly. I particularly like SOTR and In This Life. They're both on "Alone In IZ World." It's a beautiful album.