Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Route Taxi & First Trip Help

User Info Menu

Route Taxi & First Trip Help

Hello, all! We are finally in Negril! I think we want to go to Rick's this afternoon to see the cliff jumpers. Where will the beach leg route taxi let us off, and where do we need to walk to to catch the cliffs leg route taxi? Also, do I need to tell the cliffs route taxi driver to drop us off at Rick's, or is that going to turn it into a charter. It's our first time here, so I'm not going to know what Rick's looks like or exactly where it is.

Does anyone know where to get strawberry daiquiri mix down here?

We were going to get patties from Niah's for lunch today. Are there only certain times it is open? Where exactly is it located?

Thanks for the help. I'll probably keep reusing this thread for other questions while we are here.

User Info Menu

$100.00 J per person to the cab park just beyond the roundabout change cabs then another $100.00 J per person to Ricks.

If we caught an empty cab (red plate only) we would offer the driver $500.00 J for the both of us and almost everytime they would do the run all the way without the stop at the cab park.

Don't know about Niah's hours of operation but probably would be open for lunch at least. Really good patties there!

Peace
    Elvino

User Info Menu

I found the sign for Niah's on the beach, but didn't find Niah's. Is it in behind by the vendors tables/empty lot/park?

I did buy from Norman (with the bike on the beach). They were nice & hot/fresh and Norman is a nice, respectful man. Wish I were there!

Hope the taxi worked out for you. We did the same, the driver asked for $700 for two & we met in the middle at $600. Heard many will take $500. Maybe he was a charter driver, but was red plate for sure. He then gave me his # to call him for pickup when we were ready to return, same price. Worked great & nice to have our return after dark in place.
    Last edited by Melody; 04-15-2012 at 10:58 PM.