Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Airport tears

User Info Menu

ugh, I meant ride, not right! lol

User Info Menu

I was crying away on one of my first trips here years ago and my driver said to me that I should stop crying because I was a lucky woman to see so much of the island and that many Jamaicans had only been a few miles away from their home and that I have the opportunity to travel long distances. I did stop crying, but resumed on the plane. I shed a few tears on the plane still, almost every time, but try not to show any tears when around Jamaicans. .
    If your dream doesn't include the "impossible", it's too small - Joel Osteen

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jamaica Miss View Post
    I was crying away on one of my first trips here years ago and my driver said to me that I should stop crying because I was a lucky woman to see so much of the island and that many Jamaicans had only been a few miles away from their home and that I have the opportunity to travel long distances. I did stop crying, but resumed on the plane. I shed a few tears on the plane still, almost every time, but try not to show any tears when around Jamaicans. .
    Yeah...I've been told that too - but I still get choked up every time I leave. That's why I try to travel on the cheap, so I can come back more often. I don't think I could wait a whole year to come back...

Sponsor

User Info Menu

I dread departure day when you are wearing long pants and folks know youre "dead man walking" and you have that dazed look and don't want to leave.....

User Info Menu

I've been to Negril twice, I cried like a baby as the plane took off for home on our first trup. Our second was just for a day, we were on a cruise that stopped at MoBay and called our driver to take us to Negril, as the ship left the dock, I excused myself and went out to watch the island disappear. Even though I was just there one day, a few tears were shed.

One thing I know is that my heart is in Jamaica and whenever I leave it's emotional for me. July can't come fast enough, I want to go home!

Awaiting our return to Negril, 07/01/12