Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My parents want to go to Negril – Need advice on where to stay.

User Info Menu

I'll give Catcha a shout out as well. I saw a few seniors who seemed to thoroughly enjoy the place. I have a bad back as well and slept really well in the bed. If they want to relax and have a lot of great peaceful alone time I would have them stay here. Get them in Sagi or Libra. Cool little cottages with some character.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2567.jpg 
Views:	952 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	1635
    Last edited by booger; 06-02-2011 at 11:25 PM.

User Info Menu

Take a moment to look at "The Palms" website. Its a great spot, the pool area is great for lounging, big comfy couches. Restaurant on site, beach bar, beds are super comfortable, at least mine was. They had live music, once a week I think.

This is a great room, the upper one!

User Info Menu

Clarity,
    I'm with Marley - Catcha! January was my first trip that I stayed on the cliffs,all previous trips were on the beach, and Catcha is awesome. The pool is great, so your dad would have no problem with that. Getting into the sea would be hard. My parents would not deal with the vendors very well, so the cliffs would be great for them for that reason. No harassment at all. Catcha is just an awesome resort!

User Info Menu

Hope your dad makes a quick recovery, Clarity. It's so great that your parents want to go back to Jamaica for their anniversary. I haven't had time to read all the responses, but my recommendations would be CocoLaPalm or Charela Inn. Charela has an AI option. Seawind Resort has an AI option and is on a really quiet stretch of beach but no pool. Crystal Waters Villas might be another one to check out. Couples Swept Away (AI) also gets a lot of positive feedback.

I'm a beach girl, but I know a lot (most) of the people on this board prefer the cliffs, so no doubt you will get lots of great suggestions.
    Last edited by Maryann; 06-03-2011 at 08:58 AM.

User Info Menu

For about the same money as Idle Awhile, you may want to consider the owner's villa at Nirvana. We've stayed there our last two trips (I'm 50). No pool, but the villa is right on the beach and the water is so calm, I never feel like I'm missing a pool. Comes with a full kitchen, cook service for one meal a day. There's a great covered patio that has an unobstructed view of the ocean. The pics on their website are very accurate. Other than Moondance, which is too expensive unless sharing one of the large units, it's our favorite place on the beach.

User Info Menu

how do you do this time keeper thingy?

User Info Menu

i would let them look at the various websites and see what appeals to them. I agree Charlea Inn is a wonderful place and they would be treated like royalty.

Good luck in finding the right place.

User Info Menu

i would think Catcha might not work without AC ....

User Info Menu

how about grand pineapple? you know the security there keeps an eye out

now i am the age of your parents and i "shake a leg" a bit when i'm in negril

charela inn is very nice too - old jamaica feel - some rooms have jacuzzis

User Info Menu

Hey Gerry,
    A lot of units have AC at Catcha.