Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My parents want to go to Negril – Need advice on where to stay.

User Info Menu

Clarity-

Catcha IMO is the most romantic place I have ever been or seen. I think it would be everything your parents would need, but you are right, the only real down side I would see would be for your father getting in/out of the water.
    Plus there are no vendors at all while on the cliff properties, so that is not even a concern.
    But if they do happen to pick a beach location I would recommend that they have their anniversary dinner at Ivans (Catcha), call ahead and speak to Andrea or Mauvette and I bet they would do something really nice for them, be sure they go for the sunset too!
    Either way, I just know they will have a wonderful trip!

Yeah it's a tough life having SO MANY great choices and options, right?

User Info Menu

Hedo .... good for the back.

User Info Menu

In reading your original post, I was thinking Couples Negril. Same great food and service quality as Swept Away. It's smaller than Swept Away if your father's injury gives him issues with walking. CN is on Bloody Bay so there are less vendors. CN has a great pool and Bloddy Bay is a terrific beach.
    Johio

User Info Menu

Perhaps Rhodes Hall Resort would be a good fit for your parents. It is not right in negril(about a 10 min taxi ride) but the property is amazing, the rooms are gorgeous and have full kitchens in them. The pool is half salt water and half fresh water with an amazing view over looking the ocean. The food is delicious(the resturant is a bit of a hike but depending on how your dad is feeling i am almost positive you can have it brought to you room) There is absolute privacy there and romantic does not even begin to describe it. Then during the days they want the hustle and bustle of the beach or the nights they want to catch the live shows and do some dancing they can take either the hotel shuttle or the hotel will arrange for a driver.

I am sure it will remind you dad more of the jamacia he remembers than perhaps just what the seven mile beach has to offer.

We stayed there for 4 days in Feb and it was such an amazing experience that matt and i have said we will make it a point to spend a few days there any time we make it back.

It is so wonderful that you parents are going to head back, and all it took was for you to have an amazing experience and share it with them!! Mind you, you did say you read your dad your trip report and i must say, you should submit it to the jamacian tourism board, after reading it anyone in their right mind wants to hop on the next flight out!!!!!

User Info Menu

We just got back from staying at CCLP. I love the resort, but the beds were killer this time. The mattress in the room my husband and I stayed in was so worn I thought I was going to fall off laying anywhere but the center. My mother-in-law could hardly walk after two nights of sleeping on their mattress. I advise your father bringing those icy/hot patches just in case.

User Info Menu

I'm in your parents age range and I like all of the above. I stay at the Treehouse most of the time but I also like Catcha Falling Star( I would think for a return trip one should be on the beach at least a couple of days). Rhodes Hall is another good choice but it is very quiet no dancing for mom.
    that which does not kill you makes you stronger

User Info Menu

Clarity, it's been a couple years since we stayed there but I remember the beds being very comfortable, but then mattress preferences are a very personal thing. We will be staying there again in December for a friends wedding and I can't wait.

User Info Menu

Can't wait to eat at Le Vendome!

Couples was great, but if they don't drink.....AI might not be a good value.

Also, your Dad might frown on the nude beach/bar/jacuzzi! LOL!

I don't know what type of bed is best for sciatica, soft or firm....might be a good idea to find out. Some hotels have VERY firm beds.
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

i second the Rhodes Hall idea - it is real old-JA-style mellow vibes there......

and just a word about Coco -- lovely as it is, don't forget the construction will be going on RIGHT next door at For Real all this summer.... might be kinda noisy around there during that time

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=marley9808;3434]Clarity-
    Catcha IMO is the most romantic place I have ever been or seen. I think it would be everything your parents would need, but you are right, the only real down side I would see would be for your father getting in/out of the water.

FYI - Catcha does have a pool, as does Catcha Gardens.