Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question for the Ladies

User Info Menu

Thanks for the tips BrenJaLee, I will pass your wisdom along

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CherryNorth49 View Post
    Thanks for the tips BrenJaLee, I will pass your wisdom along
    No Problem. I can't remember the name of the drying product I used but it was from Orly. Another alternative is to use Rubbing Alcohol on a cotton ball. So after you wash/scrub your nails with soap, then dry them again with rubbing alcohol. The key is to not touch your nails again with fingers or any part of your skin after you've dried the oils off or you're back to square one.

User Info Menu

where is the new nail salon that is mentioned up there that is getting the wonderful reviews?

User Info Menu

Kings Plaza on the 2nd floor - it's called Negril de Nail and I believe they are a sponsor here, i've seen some posts.

1-876-418-7191(Kings Plaza, Westend, Negril)

http://negrildenail.com

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MissBlue View Post
    Kings Plaza on the 2nd floor - it's called Negril de Nail and I believe they are a sponsor here, i've seen some posts.

1-876-418-7191(Kings Plaza, Westend, Negril)

http://negrildenail.com
    Misako (Negril de Nail) is no longer at Kings Plaza. She moved right across the street of Merrils 2. That's a few weeks ago.

By the way, Misako is awesome and very nice

User Info Menu

I normally always get the gels before going on vacation as well. This year I just didnt have the time so bought the Impress nails (press on) I didnt have alot of faith in them but they lasted all week without coming off. I was in the ocean and pool. Was quite impressed!

User Info Menu

Re: Question for the Ladies

I took the advice to try the gel nails on a test run. I went back to the girl who used to do my acrylics. Never found anyone who did them as good as her - and lasted as long. Here they are after two weeks. Not one sign of chipping or lifting. Just as good as acrylic - even better because they aren't super thick. I hated that about acrylic. I'm really loving these. I don't think my budget is going to like me anymore though because I'm going to want to keep these up. Going in tonight to have them re-done. Leave for Negril tomorrow. Will report back in 2 weeks when I return to see how they lasted.

Name:  0517121546.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  18.5 KB

User Info Menu

And for an added bonus... they look great wrapped around the glass! Can't wait to see them wrapped around a Red Stripe and to hear how they did! HAVE A BLAST BJL!

You never see it coming ... and the next thing you know ... UNCONDITIONAL LOVE

User Info Menu

The mancurist I go to always wipes the nails with a cotton ball and alcohol before applying base coat. It seems to work fine, although the sea water can be rough on a manicure! Bring polish to touch up.

Quote Originally Posted by BrenJaLee View Post
    No Problem. I can't remember the name of the drying product I used but it was from Orly. Another alternative is to use Rubbing Alcohol on a cotton ball. So after you wash/scrub your nails with soap, then dry them again with rubbing alcohol. The key is to not touch your nails again with fingers or any part of your skin after you've dried the oils off or you're back to square one.

User Info Menu

Well if you need you nails "did" while you are there, I have found a jewel. Go to the digicel place and look in the hallway RIGHT to the left of the stairs going to second floor. WONDERFUL likkle manicure place and a great young lady.