Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To pre-book or not to pre-book that is the question

User Info Menu

Question To pre-book or not to pre-book that is the question

Ill be back in beautiful Negril again this August for 10 days. On my last trip their I pre paid for the booking online before leaving and ended up at a place I totally hated!!! NB DO NOT STAY NO MATTER HOW CHEAP YOU ARE LOL AT JAH B'S!!!!!!!!! THEY WERE CHARGING MY CREDIT CARD 6 months after I left AND the whole time I was there had Jah B straining from his porch to see in my bathroom/Shower window while occupied !!!!! I booked the first four days at Kuyaba in a cottage with kitchenette but after that due to other bookings i will have to decide where I will move to. I figured by not accepting to go to a room only cottage and waiting until I get there to have a look at other places I would get a feel as where to stay for the remainder of my holiday. My main worry is that will the prices be higher if going to the front desk and booking compared to booking online? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thinking of staying near Alfred's as I know them there!

User Info Menu

Wow, sorry you had such a bad time at that place.

Try the Coral Seas Garden in August.

In August you can get a plain room for 62 dollar a night, I'm sure.

They also have rooms with a kitchen, not sure of that price.

It is very clean and the Staff will make sure no peeping Toms are there to bother you.

They are across the road from Bar b barn, on the Morass side.

Next door to Sunrise Club.

They have a nice pool, A/C, phone in every room for free local calls,

wifi, and 2 beds in every room.

This hotel is family owned and they have the best

and I mean best cleaning ladies/house keeping crew in Negril.

Tell them Markospoon sent you and they will take very good care of you.

I have been staying there for years and years, about 15 times.

Let me know how it turns out.

Enjoy your August trip!!
    Last edited by Markospoon; 04-24-2012 at 03:38 PM.

User Info Menu

In the off season you can find some great rates just by walking up to the front desk and haggling. it just like showing up at a big sports event 20 minutes after the start and all the scalpers are starting to look at each other and realizing that the tickets that they were getting 100s of dollars for a few minutes ago arnt going to be worth anything unless they cut you a bargain. the table is then turned so that the consumer wins. Its probably a good idea to reserve a room at a proven hotel for the first couple days just so that your bargaining position is solid.

User Info Menu

Just as long as it's not during ATI...

User Info Menu

Depends a lot on the popularity of the hotel, and the season. I've been to Negril during slow season and not pre-booked and had my choice of rooms at different hotels. Often paying less than advertised for cash in hand. I've also had to book 9 months in advance to get a specific room at a popular hotel during high season. I always tell people, unless you're going during slow season and aren't particular about where you stay, you're better off pre-booking. Or at least calling a lot to see if rooms are filling up! If you want a specific room, a specific hotel, or to travel during high season (or a holiday like ATI), IMHO you're better off pre-booking.

User Info Menu

Do you have to be right on the beach? I have stayed at Summerset Village before and got a great deal they have really reasonable rates, just talk to Petronella. I would stay there again myself if I wasn't going to be on the beach, but if you don't mind being on the west end and a bit off the beaten track, but still close to everything it's a great spot with great vibes and the rates are some of the best for what the rooms offer, and some of them even have ac. But if you are thinking budget, it's a good place to go to.

User Info Menu

tHANK YOU EVERYONE. yEAH THATS WHY i DECIDED TO PAY FOR 4 NIGHTS AT ...OOPS caps lol sorry bout that lolo.... as I was saying thats why I paid Kuyaba for 5 nights. I have no idea what ATI is sorry please enlighten lol I was told August is the slowest time of the year there ..just how I like it .... not many tourists nor hagglers around. 10 days of walking swimming drinking eating talking sleeping waking walking talking etc etc lol I just dont want to book and not like it like last time ya know. I usually like to know exactly where I will be when in a foreign country so my sons are always aware.... hmmmm still have time to decide.....

User Info Menu

Check out The Golden Sunset (across the road from Alfreds) which is owned/operated by Ray Arthurs. The Arthurs family, which also includes Alfred, are one of the original Negril tourist pioneers. Golden Sunset has great rates and many repeat guests. http://thegoldensunset.com.
    Another hotel in that area with great rates is Hidden Paradise.

August 1st is Emancipation Day in JA and August 6th is JA's 50th Independence Day. ATI is on August 3rd-August 7th. ATI is a wild weekend in Negril as people from all over Jamaica converge for 4 days/nights of parties, and most hotels will already be fully booked for those dates (at premium rates). ATI attracts mostly young adult Jamaicans who want to party with special events planned on all days/nights.

User Info Menu

OH wow ok well I will miss it by 8 days. Hope everyone doesnt get too destroyed and no one around when Im there lol. I will look at your suggestions. ty

User Info Menu

Check Whitesands and Hidden Paradise,I have stayed at both and like them both )