Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: December 2012 ROLL CALL

User Info Menu

Re: December 2012 ROLL CALL

Quote Originally Posted by brasi View Post
    Life is for living.
    Yessir! Think you just summed up the reason we all are in love with Jamaica
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by garysteph1018 View Post
    How on earth do people afford more than one trip a year????? I sure wish I had it like that!
    Work hard play hard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by garysteph1018 View Post
    How on earth do people afford more than one trip a year????? I sure wish I had it like that!
    I save my pennies, work extra, and if all else fails I just buy a plane ticket and stay at my grandmas house.

Im getting my travels out of the way because next yet I enter my RN program and from what I've heard I wont be able to do much.

User Info Menu

Brasi,
    Love your list! All great tips. Looking forward to meeting you and your boys in Dec.!

Is anyone else staying at or near Idle Awhile?

Quote Originally Posted by brasi View Post
    1. I have virtually no social life. Lots of flexibility and time off at the M-F, but when I am at work I bust my tail.
    2. I work 6-7 days a week (M-F dayjob, one/two nights a week singing for my supper/free alcohol and cash money)
    3. No car payments. BIG wastes of cash.
    4. I also freelance doing a variety of marketing/graphics, eeking out some extra cash when I can.
    5. I don't stay at upscale spots and I use my cash wisely. Patties.
    6. Traveling solo is cheaper.

I'm LUCKY. December will be my 4th trip to the rock in about 19 months. STOKED to be bringing my favorite people on earth to Jamaica this next trip!

Life is for living.

User Info Menu

Tx Eden. haha. I'm far from a financial wizard, but I make it happen because i love Ja so much.

The big Joe Trinidad December crew of 25-35 people is staying at Fun Holiday, which is a five/ten minute beach walk toward the town end of the beach from Idle Awhile.

Great choice, btw. If you haven't been there before, maybe the Spottycatz can give you some tips on what room to pick at Idle Awhile.

It seems like an amazing property.

User Info Menu

Brasi, We have actually stayed at Idle Awhile several times and just love it! Amazing place with the most wonderful staff!! I'm sure we all feel similiarly about all of "our" favorite Negril hotels. We are looking forward to experiencing their cliff side location, Hide Awhile, this time (if we don't end up bringing our son)
    Though we've been to Negril several times, we have yet to attend any "boardie meetings.". Looking forward to that, too!!
    ( Especially after reading all these fun trip reports.
    And, how awesome to be spending your birthday in Negril! I will also be celebrating mine (32nd! Yikes!) there, too!
    Last edited by Eden; 05-02-2012 at 12:29 PM.

User Info Menu

Brasi I am trying to get tickets but so high, I always wanted to bring the new years in negril, wow would that be great.

User Info Menu

December 27 - January 3.... maaaaayyyybe til January 5 or 6th. Will be staying at Rayon Hotel
    http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Well, as much as I know life is worth living....

It must not help that we have five children..... We work our butts off daily! We also don't have the family to watch our 3 girls for us to do anything (boys are in college & don't need watching). We feel like we completely scored to have a family member keep them this time.

I certainly understand that not staying at upscale places helps, but considering this is our first ever trip alone & to JA, we wanted to do it right! Because we don't know when we'll be able to do it again.

Our day will come, I know that.... Meanwhile, I'll just enjoy the hell outta my trip & read everyone's trip reports as if they are mine!

You never see it coming ... and the next thing you know ... UNCONDITIONAL LOVE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by negrilbay View Post
    Brasi I am trying to get tickets but so high, I always wanted to bring the new years in negril, wow would that be great.
    I am happy to say that now you have posted in this thread, your TRIP WILL HAPPEN! It is simply the way it is.

book book book book