Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 53 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3434849505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 Years, 12 Nights, 6 Hotels, ONE LOVE - April 2012 Trip Report

User Info Menu

Re: 10 Years, 12 Nights, 6 Hotels, ONE LOVE - April 2012 Trip Report

Our trip report was put on the backburner due to a medical emergency. It's been a rough two weeks for me and my family.

Thanksgiving weekend I received a phone call from my mother in New York. My 26 year old sister had been rushed to the emergency room and was in critical condition. I immediately booked a plane ticket home to be with my sister and my family. I don’t want to go into details regarding her condition and re-live the experience. I will say that it was incredibly scary. We didn't know what was going to happen. She was attached to so many machines with a round the clock nurse watching her closely. I was so filled with fear and just praying that I wouldn't lose my sister.

Thankfully my sister has made a full recovery. No permanent damage. With an exception of a small scar, she is going to be just fine. I'm relieved and so grateful that my sister pulled through this. She is in very good spirits and views this full recovery as a blessing, a new lease on life. She's truly a fighter. She inspires me daily and I admire her so much. The entire experience was incredibly surreal and very frightening. It's a reminder to never take for granted the loved ones in your life and appreciate every moment with them. Life is so fragile.

I'm back in San Francisco now and still decompressing from my trip home to NY. This next update will be a short one. Mostly pictures but Markus will be posting a new long update tomorrow. Our goal is to finally wrap this trip report up. Hopefully there will be no more medical emergencies in our immediate future. (knock on wood) I think I've reached my limit with that….

Trip Report Continued…
    DAY 10

Today was our designated “chill day”. The only plan we had was to relax and enjoy our time at Catcha Falling Star and that’s exactly what we did…

We slept in. We woke up feeling refreshed to the sound of the birds chirping and the palm tree leaves brushing against the shutter windows. We took a shower together and enjoyed the sunlight streaming in from the open shower roof.

Here are some pics of Pisces for anyone planning on staying there.

We loved it. It’s so cozy, quiet and removed from everything. A few people had asked us about street noise at night because it’s close to the entrance. That was not a problem at all. We didn’t hear anything over the gentle hum of the air conditioner. It’s now our favorite cottage in Catcha. Best price and still with a nice view of the sea from the porch.

Marley, Ninja, Guirigay and Sweetiepie were already at Ivans when we left our cottage. It was already lunch time by the time we arrived, so I ordered my favorite dish (besides Seafood Linguine) The Jerk Trio Platter. It’s an appetizer that also works as a delicious light lunch.

Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Brasi arrived shortly after. It was so relaxing just chilling at Ivans bar together enjoying drinks and great conversation.

We also went swimming and snorkeling off the cliffs

Sweetie Pie watching Marley and Ninja floating in the warm Caribbean sea

Markus finally had some time to pull out the sketchbook and draw some of the scenery. He chose to sit on the daybed at the edge of the cliffs and draw Marley’s home. (The Sagi Cottage)

Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Sweetness also made an appearance

Marley and I visited Sweetness in her upstairs suite. We all sat together on her balcony taking in the view and catching up.

We really all felt like family and I felt like this trip would never end, like we would all pass our time together at Catcha in Paradise for the rest of our days. This was the first time I had stayed in Jamaica long enough to feel this way. The urge to run to the next party or chase after the next adventure was dissolving. I was just content, relaxed and happy in the moment. I felt no anxiety about anything… it was a wonderful feeling and a gift from Jamaica that I accepted.

That night we had our last dinner together. Markus, Marley, Ninja, Guirigay, Sweetie pie. Marley and I ordered our favorite dinner yet again. The Seafood linguine and I savored every bite.

We had our last Ivans bar party with our two favorite bartenders, Ty and Kevin.

Next up was Tawnee’s Birthday bash right around the corner at Seastar Inn. Unfortunately Guirigay, Sweetiepie and Brasi couldn’t join us. They needed to leave early the next morning.

It was time for another round of goodbye’s…

Which meant more waterworks from me…

You would think that it would get easier after the first round of goodbye’s but it didn’t…

I don’t want to write about this goodbye because it will make me cry and it’s already been a pretty emotional week for me.

Guirigay, Sweetiepie and Brasi know how I feel about them. We’ve all been through a lot together. They are compassionate, caring, kind, beautiful friends that hold a very close place in my heart. The connection we all have is one that I can not put in words. I’m so grateful for every minute I was able to spend with them during this trip. (As you all know, Markus had a bit of a bromance thing going with Guirigay…It was pretty hard for him too.)

I still had tears in my eyes as I walked down Seastar lane towards Tawnee’s birthday bash with Marley, Ninja and Markus.

I wiped the tears from my cheeks with the back of my hand and straightened up. “Okay” I told Marley ”it’s our last party together. I’m not going to be sad. I’m just going to enjoy every minute”

We were late arriving to the party and we missed quite a few people, but thankfully the party was still going strong. Here are some pictures from that fun night.

Jim and Donna

Markus and Tawnee
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Marley, Ninja and Dawn

The beautiful Bella Bea

After the party we grabbed some Red Stripes from our fridge and joined Marley and Ninja for one last round at the Sagi Cottage. The four of us sat together on the balcony overlooking the sea.

This was it. The final and hardest goodbye at Catcha and… I just couldn’t do it.

I’ve been trying to find the words to describe how much their friendship has changed my life in a positive way and how much they mean to me. (to both of us) Marley is not just a friend, she is my sister now. Ninja is Markus’s “brother from another mother”. They are such a beautiful couple that I truly love and admire so much. From the moment they arrived in Jamaica, the four of us spent nearly every single day together. I know that whatever happens in life, we will remain friends always. So I knew in my heart that this wasn’t goodbye, it was just the beginning of a lifelong friendship.

I came into this trip struggling with intense grief from a terrible loss and feeling broken, I left with a family of new friends that helped me heal and memories that I will treasure for the rest of my life.

So when it came time to head to bed, I started to say goodbye… but I couldn’t formulate the words without choking up. So instead I just said “We’ll see you tomorrow”

Marley smiled and gave me a hug “See you tomorrow”

To be continued.
    Day 11 – Moving to Banana Shout
    Markus is back in the saddle and he’s up next.
    Last edited by Clarity; 12-12-2012 at 01:12 PM.
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post

It was time for another round of goodbye’s…

Which meant more waterworks from me…

You would think that it would get easier after the first round of goodbye’s but it didn’t…

I don’t want to write about this goodbye because it will make me cry and it’s already been a pretty emotional week for me.

Guirigay, Sweetiepie and Brasi know how I feel about them. We’ve all been through a lot together. They are compassionate, caring, kind, beautiful friends that hold a very close place in my heart.

Every time I read your words you know what I'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    The connection we all have is one that I can not put in words. I’m so grateful for every minute I was able to spend with them during this trip. (As you all know, Markus had a bit of a bromance thing going with Guirigay…It was pretty hard for him too.)
    Let me see what I can do, It should only take me the rest of my life...

(((((((((Markus and Daisy)))))))))
    What's so funny 'bout Peace, Love and Understanding?

User Info Menu

Awwwwwww, you know I feel the same way about you and Markus, love you guys so much
    Funny enough, like most, I had fallen in love with you both before ever even meeting you and I was so happy to find out that you are even more amazing in person.

And we have so much in common.....

I too went to Jamaica on this last trip and met some of my FAMILY!
    Love you all so much!

See you soon!!!! yay

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marley9808 View Post
    I had fallen in love with you both before ever even meeting you
    Great stuff. You first bonded over shoes, right?

Sponsor

User Info Menu

enjoying it!

User Info Menu

Thanks for continuing Clarity! I so need something to pull me through the next 36 hours!

User Info Menu

So glad your sister is okay! I look forward to the rest of your review! Loving all of your beautiful pictures!!
    [=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]