Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 57 of 60 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960 LastLast

Thread: 10 Years, 12 Nights, 6 Hotels, ONE LOVE - April 2012 Trip Report

User Info Menu

Re: 10 Years, 12 Nights, 6 Hotels, ONE LOVE - April 2012 Trip Report

So my goal is to finish this trip report before the world ends. That's scheduled to happen this Friday so clearly it's time to wrap this up.

I have a cold and I'm at home sick from work right now. This gives me some time to post a new update and some more pictures. I apologize in advance for typos, I'm kind of foggy in the head from all the cold meds... But here goes...

Day 11 continued...

I agree with everything Markus wrote about Banana Shout. It definitely does have a hippie commune feel to it. I love the bright colors and the entire funky vibe of the resort. There was no one else there at the time, so we really felt like we had the entire place to ourselves.

This was our first time staying in a room right on the edge of the cliffs. It was an amazing experience for us... to step out the door of your cottage and have the beautiful view of the turquoise ocean right in front of you. I loved hearing the waves lap against the cliffs while swinging on the hammock and feeling the warm breeze. This was truly heaven.

We went for a dip in the sea...

And afterwards we enjoyed using the outdoor shower built into the cliffs. It was really refreshing. (We also gave the boat floating by on it's way to Ricks Cafe with a crowd of tourists quite the show...)

Next up was a trip to Fun Holiday on the beach end to say Goodbye to Beachgirl66, +1 and Becky.

Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

I was glad they were all still there! We had a round of Dirty Bananas on the beach and then We all went swimming together. The weather was beautiful

Beachgirl66 had to leave early to see a friend before catching her flight. We hugged her goodbye. She gives the best hugs and she is truly the sweetest person you'll ever meet. She is so filled with joy. You can't help but smile and feel good when you're around her. +1 is wonderful too!

The next goodbye was Becky. She's a strong woman with a soft core. We shared an emotional moment and the waterworks started back up again. Yet another tearful fairwell.

FYI: I make people cry. Apparently that's what I do...Just a warning for anyone that meets me in the future.

I'm really bad with goodbye's...If we're in Negril together, just avoid me on your last day and I think you'll be fine.

We continued down the beach to visit Robert and Maureen at our favorite bar on the beach. SUNNYSIDE BAR!

Last edited by Clarity; 12-18-2012 at 10:40 PM.
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

We just missed Maureen by a few minutes but Robert was still there. He gave us a warm and enthusiastic greeting. It was so good seeing him again!

We noticed there was a new sign up and there is room on the back for visitors to sign their names. If you look closely you'll see ours up there:

Wpyogi and her +1 were happened to be strolling down the beach and greeted us. I was psyched to bump into them again and so glad they were still in town. They hopped up on the bar bench and joined us for a few rounds of cold Red Stripes. It was a lot of fun!

Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

At one point Markus disappeared to take another swim in the ocean. He was gone for a while but when he returned He was in very good spirits.

"I just saved a bee!" he announced with a smile.

I laughed "Um, That's nice, Dear"

It wasn't until a month later when I was going through the video footage from our trip that I saw what he was referring to. I smiled from ear to ear when I saw this. The footage was so oddly touching and heartwarming to me that I pieced the video clips together and posted it on Youtube.

For those who haven't seen it yet, Here it is:

This video shows you a glimpse of what I love about Markus. He has so much awe and respect for every little living thing on this planet. He's really a gentle soul with the biggest heart. I'm so grateful every day that I have him in my life. He makes ME a better person.

Love this beautiful man with every fiber of my being.

Sorry I have to stop here. I'm feeling really drowsy and my head is pounding. It's time for me to drink some hot tea and head back to bed.

To be continued...

Bonfire webcast party at Seasplash w/ Spottycatz, Lorax, Indybob, Bella Bea and a whole bunch of great boardies coming up
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Oh so nice....... Love the video of Markus and " I can Flyyyyyy" Medicine head what? This is one of you best updates........ Good times soon come...

User Info Menu

Well Daisy hope you get to feeling better before the world ends so the trip report gets finished. As for crying or making people cry you just keep being you.i like it :-)

User Info Menu

Awww Thanks Angel and Boogs!
    I'm feeling a lot better now and ready to finish up this trip report today!
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Well, the world didn’t end after all. It’s time to wrap this trip report. This is it, the FINAL update. The day we finish this “War and Peace” length trip report has finally come.

Not many words this time. I’ll just let the pictures tell the story…

Day 11 continued…

(party at Seasplash)

We partied with the Spottycatz (I was so happy to see them I nearly knocked them over with my hugs. Mr Spotty looked a little afraid) Indybob was there too, Jim and Donna and we finally met Lorax and his beautiful wife. Bella Bea and Tawnee… a whole bunch of boardies partying that night!

I also met a man on the beach that made me a bracelet with my brother’s name that I treasure to this day.

Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

When night fell, a bonfire was lit up on the beach in front of Seasplash..

(Markus and Chicken )
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Markus did a pole dance for the webcast. I pried him off the pole when he threatened to “take it all off” – After Seasplash we visited Indybob at Crystal waters and then had drinks with Rob, Lisa and Bella Bea at Eddie’s DeBar

Carpe Diem