Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8485354555657585960 LastLast

Thread: 10 Years, 12 Nights, 6 Hotels, ONE LOVE - April 2012 Trip Report

User Info Menu

Re: 10 Years, 12 Nights, 6 Hotels, ONE LOVE - April 2012 Trip Report

Trip report continued from previous page..

Day 12 - Final day at Banana Shout

Waking up to the sound of the waves against the cliffs was amazing.. .what a view!

(the communal kitchen area)

Morning cup of joe at Banana Shout
    Last edited by Clarity; 12-27-2012 at 07:56 PM.
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

After a dip in the ocean, we went to visit Courtney the Carver at Grand Pineapple to bring him some acrylic paints that he was in need of. He was grateful and it was wonderful seeing him again. We bought a beautiful carving.

Next stop was Xtabi for some snorkeling and breakfast

Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Then it was time for the “girly girls and Manly men” Photoshoot in the Xtabi caves…

This didn’t go over well with me. This is why…

This video footage tells the tale. When I saw the bats, you’ll see how I hightailed straight out of that cave. Markus grabbed the camera from me which he nearly dropped at one point when he was knocked over by a dive bombing bat. The horror is all captured on film. (see below)

This didn’t stop Markus from propping the camera on the side of the cave walls and getting a shot for the calendar. He is a brave soul.

Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Afterwards we went back to Banana shout to just relax and enjoy our final sunset…

We sat there together gazing at the glistening sea and reflected on our 12 incredible days in Negril. So much had happened during this trip… We celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary, I met my long lost family for the first time in Mandeville & Belmont, We met the most amazing group of newfound friends and had a whole slew of adventures together. From YS Falls, Pelican Bar, The bellyflop, the one love pubcrawl, Seasplash parties, Luciano concert, and endless nights of laughing at Ivans Bar. we experienced six amazing hotels in Jamaica, Villa Sur Mer, Seastar Inn, Mandeville mountaintop villa ,Seasplash, Catcha Falling Star and Banana Shout Resort.

We made memories that we’ll treasure for the rest of our lives…

All we could feel was gratefulness. We were tanned, relaxed, happy and at peace. Jamaica had once again given us the gift of clarity. I felt restored and ready to embrace whatever life had in store for me when I returned home..

We enjoyed that last night together in Jamaica to the fullest…

Thank you everyone for joining us on this journey and sticking with us to the end. Hope you enjoyed our ramblings, pictures and videos. I know I’ve enjoyed all of your trip reports over the years and this was just our way of giving back.

Thanks Rob & Lisa for creating this amazing site where we can all share our experiences and our love of Jamaica together. True friendships form through this bulletin board that go deeper than words can express.

Till next time…

With Love,
    Daisy & Markus
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Perfect -
    till next time ........no pans just yet?

User Info Menu

Great report Clarity. Dirty Banana for breakfast????

User Info Menu

Applause!!! Thanks for a great trip report.

User Info Menu

Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap! What an adventure, thank you for taking the time to post for us all to read! :-)

Cheers
    W99
    “Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality . Wake Up and Live!” - Bob Marley

User Info Menu

Excellent trip report, as usual. The words and pictures - just incredible.

User Info Menu

Awesome trip report and pictures,thank you so much for sharing your adventure with us!