Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Guirigay and Sweetie Pie’s PaRedux It’s all true and it never really happened…

User Info Menu

Re: Guirigay and Sweetie Pie’s PaRedux: It’s all true and it never really happened…

The sun is setting out to our left as we head in. It is the most beautiful sunset of the week. Given the location and circumstances it might be the most incredible sunset of our lives. So lucky. So freaking lucky.

Name:  sunset.jpg
Views: 1308
Size:  90.9 KB

Name:  _MG_4726.jpg
Views: 1342
Size:  78.4 KB

As we pull back into the Black River the sun is setting. There are a number of large trees just upriver from the marina that are completely covered in birds by this point of the evening. Hundreds and hundreds of water birds. Sweetie Pie grabs a shot of a couple alit on a boat next to us as we pull up to the dock. Incredible.

Name:  birds.jpg
Views: 1348
Size:  95.6 KB

Name:  _MG_4728.jpg
Views: 1342
Size:  78.4 KB

Chicken is waiting for us but as per our operating procedures, we tottle. And slowly. Bathroom here, dog stop there, picture over someplace, don’t forget to pay the captain. Slowly, eventually we tottle on board. Back on board the Magic Bus…

Name:  _MG_4735.jpg
Views: 1271
Size:  85.1 KB

Name:  _MG_4740.jpg
Views: 1280
Size:  88.1 KB

Name:  _MG_4742.jpg
Views: 1205
Size:  85.0 KB
    What's so funny 'bout Peace, Love and Understanding?

User Info Menu

Re: Guirigay and Sweetie Pie’s PaRedux: It’s all true and it never really happened…

Great tale of the turtles! Grand group of pics too. Nice to see everyone having fun, and now that's on my list of next time, going to Pelican Bar.

User Info Menu

Hi my friend, I had a wonderful trip this time. All missions accomplished. Wasn't the Pelican something else ? I LOVE the pictures, especially the sunsets and the two white birds clinging to the boat.

User Info Menu

Enjoying your report. Glad Sweetness faced her boat fears. I think id be scared of those rough waters, too! That was really really kind of you to sit by her and comfort her. Beautiful sunsets !! That last shot of Sandie and pup is just so sweet. You can see how much she really loves dogs.
    Last edited by Eden; 06-26-2012 at 04:54 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    Enjoying your report. Glad Sweetness faced her boat fears. I think id be scared of those rough waters, too! That was really really kind of you to sit by her and comfort her. Beautiful sunsets !! That last shot of Sandie and pup is just so sweet. You can see how much she really loves dogs.
    She does, more than me......

User Info Menu

LOL Booger!

Guirigay....nice recap....your way with words had me laughing my butt off, especially during the talk about you all coming back from exploring...Oh My Gah....that had me laughing so hard! Oh the memories

I never wanted this magical day to end!

User Info Menu

Thanks everybody, glad you're enjoying!

Eden - when you meet Sweetness you'll understand, had to help her if I could... And yes, I think that pic offers a glimpse into Sandies heart too.

Booger - I think that's debatable. I would probably argue that she loves you more than dogs, but again, that's debatable...

Misti - yes, incredible, but no row boats... I'll be looking for you real soon...

BJ - definitely on the must do list. Don't know if we'll be going back there next April/May though so put it on your list below 1 - go back next April/May

Marley - just heard from Clarity. You girls need to prepare a little better before reading my posts...

User Info Menu

Magic Bus, Magic Bus, Magic Bus, Magic Bus, Magic Bus...
    I want the Magic Bus, I want the Magic Bus, I want the Magic Bus...

The bus is really rocking as we head out of Black River. The sound system has provided a lot of laughs over the day and continues yeoman’s duties. More wedding music, more Marley sing-a-longs continuing through stereo cut-outs and rejoined in sync by a smack of Chicken’s fist on the dashboard. Straight out of a script – hilarious. The cut outs seem to be related to the CD player so we reluctantly say goodbye to Marley and the Wailers and switch to radio. This turns out OK. Jamaican radio is always fond of throwing remix transitions into song, or hell, just throwing an airhorn in the middle of a song. They do it anytime, all day, but it increases in the evening. Throughout the day we’ve all happily joined in a chorus of cacophony every time the DJ threw one down and we always continued it past their cut back into the song. In the evening, we start going for a variety of superlatives. Loudest is frequently attempted but we really seem to be happy to try to make the longest remix sound possible. We do well. We get a lot of practice because there is a lot of remix and airhorn.

It also gets pretty raucous and a little randy. These are Becca specialties. There is a certain conversation about how some members of the bale seem to be unaware of a variety of events that had occurred during the day. Someone raises the question, “How’d I miss that?” Becca offers a straightforward assessment of one way to remain “In the know” that just floors me. A little back and forth here leads to another BeccaJism that will live with me forever – “Like Rabbits!” I’m bent forward in my seat, grabbing my belly, banging my head on the seat in front. It’s just killing me when Booger, seated high upon the Throne of the Last Word, drops the bomb of bombs… “Rabbit done died…” he mock whispers…

I said, now I've got my Magic Bus (Too much, the Magic Bus)
    I said, now I've got my Magic Bus (Too much, the Magic Bus)

Sweetie Pie and I are kind of slinking into our seats, every once in a while doing the head to head catnap. Alcohol is gone, no beers. Crowd is restless. Becca refuses to believe the beer is gone. Many ask multiple times if there is any more beer but Becca remains convinced there might be someplace we haven’t checked. I remember thinking I’m glad Marley is up by the coolers.

All the rum at the Pelican and the bus bashment as we pulled out of Black River catch up to Sweetie Pie and me. We pull over for a number of Bio breaks and I know that efforts are made to acquire beer. I think we got off once for the bathroom but otherwise we camped in our bus seats. Just enough, the Magic Bus.

I drive my baby every way (Too much, the Magic Bus)
    Each time I go a different way (Too much, the Magic Bus)
    I want it, i want it, I want it, I want it ...

We pull into Negril and we do a sort of reverse drop off, getting turtles to the beach first and then back up to the west end. Turtles are getting off with much more energy than Sweetie Pie and I can muster. Brasi was doing pretty good I think. We kind of had opposite trajectories today but our groove at Pelican was shared. Up the lane and we’re dropped off at the guest house. “Great Day” and “See you tomorrow” ‘s trail away with the Magic bus down the lane. It was a great day. A perfect day. A landmark day.

Every day you'll see the dust (Too much, the Magic Bus)
    As I drive my baby in my Magic Bus (Too much, the Magic Bus)

As we walk up to our apartment we don’t realize that a great day is about to take a turn for the worse. We don’t realize that an incredible vacation is about to take a turn for the better. We don’t realize that a number of relationships are about to take a turn for best. Hell, we don’t realize much at this point, we just got off the freakin’ Magic Bus!!

User Info Menu

MOST excellent cliff-hanger oh wise GG!

User Info Menu

Oh I get it now

HAHAHAHA

Name:  31140a.jpg
Views: 1143
Size:  16.2 KB

Hmmmm ?? LOL

Dude I love the way you tell it, sometimes I have to re-read two times, but I always end up laughing so hard. haha
    Stir IT UP