Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: Guirigay and Sweetie Pie’s PaRedux It’s all true and it never really happened…

User Info Menu

Re: Guirigay and Sweetie Pie’s PaRedux: It’s all true and it never really happened…

Oh, and Guirigay, you look a lot like one of my former professors. You have that teacher look I guess, ha! :-)

User Info Menu

Re: Guirigay and Sweetie Pie’s PaRedux: It’s all true and it never really happened…

Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    Oh, and Guirigay, you look a lot like one of my former professors. You have that teacher look I guess, ha! :-)
    One could only hope that all of their professors are like Guirigay.

User Info Menu

Who has hijacked Boogers account!! Thanks, dude...

Thanks Eden! You look very chic for a couple of toddlers in tow on the beach. My kids hit the sand from the beginning, I know it ain't easy. To do it with style? Props!
    What's so funny 'bout Peace, Love and Understanding?

User Info Menu

LOL!

But yes, I agree with Booger!

User Info Menu

Why thanks, Guirigay! That's very sweet of you to say, but I'm really not that chic, haha, it's just one of those simple long sundresses from Targay, I think! Ha! :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Guirigay View Post
    Who has hijacked Boogers account!! Thanks, dude...

Thanks Eden! You look very chic for a couple of toddlers in tow on the beach. My kids hit the sand from the beginning, I know it ain't easy. To do it with style? Props!

User Info Menu

I am really enjoying tagging along vicariously on ya'lls adventures through your posts, makes me wish my time to get there myself would hurry up, lol! But thanks so much for all the posts and pics, it sounds like there were some incredible times and amazing friendships being made.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by negrilaholic View Post
    I am really enjoying tagging along vicariously on ya'lls adventures through your posts, makes me wish my time to get there myself would hurry up, lol! But thanks so much for all the posts and pics, it sounds like there were some incredible times and amazing friendships being made.
    It was awesome. Some of us are already planning another trip end of April beginning of May next year. Sign up!

User Info Menu

Nice shots!! Happy Ice, Happy Bordies!!
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

I love tagging along with all these reports together! Thank you all for the entertainment, lol!

User Info Menu

Still don't have the photo thing completely sorted out. Sweetie Pie has been injured and it's thrown a little monkey wrench in the works. I've rustled up a few pics to go with the Sunday morning story. Sweetie Pie is trying to revive the Kodak HD camera as it has pics from the Sunday SeaSplash Shindig and the flop videos. Hope to have that up soon...

Sunday

When our eyes open in the morning it is well past sunrise. Regular schedules will be pretty well trashed this reach, Sweetie Pie has seen the long side of midnight our first evening out after a long travel day. This bodes well for me. A quick shower –we’re very conscious of water and utility usage in this environment – and we’re headed down to West End Road for some breakfast and a trip to Hi-Lo for some supplies.

We head to Canoe for the eats. We knew it would be an easy walk from our crib, one of the big attractions to the place. This area was our stomping ground last reach but we never stopped into Canoe. It ended up being our most visited restaurant this reach. Great location, great staff, great food. Oh, and we don’t get into it this morning, but the DRINKS! Watch out!

We sit out on the deck to start, get our coffee (French Press!!!) ordered and some callaloo omelettes. Monique, one of the best and cutest servers in Negril, comes back to sadly inform us that they don’t have any callaloo this morning. Dang, have to settle for one of the other 10 delicious things on the menu. We have the place completely to ourselves so we get up and wander a little. I have seen many pictures of the custom lounge seating inside. Now I know why. It is one of the greatest chill spots in the world. This morning we snuggle up in the roadside corner so we have a view out our left to the German Bar and Mary’s Bay and straight ahead to the blue, blue Caribbean. We get to look at our old spot, the end of the pier at German Bar, from a new spot we’ll now never forget. It's funny because last reach we hung on the pier most mornings and looked at Canoe, this reach we'll hang at Canoe most every day looking at the pier but we never made it to German Bar. We order up more coffee and have the food delivered to the coffee table. Perfect. We’re gonna get a lot of Canoe this week!

Name:  849739207311.jpg
Views: 1432
Size:  88.6 KB

After a truly leisurely Sunday morning breakfast we head down the road to town. It feels a little surreal to be back on this stretch of road so soon. So familiar, all the little check yourself spots, The rooty spot along side the road where you have to pick your steps carefully, the Negril school, Llantrissant, The church at dead mans corner, the jump and jive around that crazy corner and the view of the sea front and downtown as you come around it, going around back to get to the “front” of the shopping center. We’re back! Holy Crap! WE’RE BACK!! And it’s the same, only different, but the different feels familiar.

We grab some basics at Hi-Lo, coffee, half and half, fruit and Banana Rum Cream. Shee-it!! Banana Rum Cream!! We head back up around dead mans and a lady is coming down the hill on the wall side. “I hate that side of the road there,” I say,” It always scares me.” “Scares me too!” she says with a smile, “ I ALWAYS hug this wall!”
    What's so funny 'bout Peace, Love and Understanding?