Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: Guirigay and Sweetie Pie’s PaRedux It’s all true and it never really happened…

User Info Menu

Re: Guirigay and Sweetie Pie’s PaRedux: It’s all true and it never really happened…

Back at the crib we have a nice conversation with the landlord. He really puts us at ease. A few classic Jamaican compliments thrown in. We head up to the roof to get the view in daylight. It is nearly as beautiful as Sweetie Pie and I snap a couple of pics as evidence.

Name:  790039207311.jpg
Views: 1472
Size:  95.9 KB

Name:  990039207311.jpg
Views: 1468
Size:  85.8 KB

Name:  156639207311.jpg
Views: 1432
Size:  93.9 KB

On the way down she snaps a shot of me in the yard.

Name:  349739207311.jpg
Views: 1389
Size:  94.4 KB

We chill on the porch for a while enjoying the banana rum cream. I check out the view from the left hand side of the porch, it’s beautiful. We’re very happy. It’s after noon now and we start to think about heading up to SeaStar. I ask the landlord if he has a driver he would recommend, we’d like to have someone regular this week and it seems smart for it to be someone our landlord trusts to be stopping at his yard. He says yes and starts to make some phone calls. No one is available until his fifth or sixth call. In retrospect I feel like I should have sensed some sketchiness at this point but I didn’t. Instead, I was fascinated observing the competition and occasional interdependency of competing Negril tourism service networks. In less than a day I had connections to four separate ones from past and current reaches.

Our driver shows up quickly, he lived just across the lane. Up we head to Seastar and we get checked in. We are in 16, way in the back with a great verandah. There is a view of Francine’s nursery and some huge bougainvillea in the yard. We enjoy the room a little and head back down to the bar. We run into Gerry and Suzie Q who are getting ready to go for a scooter ride. Gerry and Suzie Q on the scooter would be a constantly recurring encounter this reach. We are talking some serious mobility here, these cats GOT AROUND. Of course, all you have to do is read Gerry’s trip report to realize this but I’m gonna tell you right now – Gerry left stuff out! He is a man in motion, constantly in search of new experience. This passion for new experience, and perhaps one other thing beyond our shared LOVE of Negril, is the core of the bond I share with Gerry. Much respect on this front, mi friend. Get it all, Gerry, get every last bit of it!

Drinks at the bar get us into the early afternoon. We told everyone last night we wouldn’t shake the tree too early. We give Marley a call. I have the beginning of a hate-HATE relationship with my Digicel coral phone. It has a user interface and particularly a POS predictive text entry system that makes trying to add someone’s name to a phone number an exercise in anger management. It was Monday I think before I got Marley’s name in and then I gave up trying to get anyone elses. I frequently called three or four people before I finally got the person I was looking for.

Marley says they are going over to SeaSplash for a webcast and party. Brasi is going to be there! Didn't expect to see him until tomorrow. We’re in. I DO NOT REMEMBER how the heck we get to SeaSplash but I think we went with a group of people and I think we started by turning left. We’re gonna meet a bunch of boardies…
    What's so funny 'bout Peace, Love and Understanding?

User Info Menu

Re: Guirigay and Sweetie Pie’s PaRedux: It’s all true and it never really happened…

We probly picked yall up on the way....we were on the bus
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

Rise early, treat everyday as though it's your last and your last day as it's your first.

User Info Menu

No worries! I will cover that in my report, lol

User Info Menu

But Marley, was I right?? I think I'm right! LOL
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

Haha! you guys are too funny with all the double fact checks! Love it! So nice to read about your adventures from different perspectives. Sweetie pie, that's a great shot of you on the roof

User Info Menu

You are half right Tizzy.....when they called me I told them to come down to Catcha and get a drink at the bar while everyone was getting ready. Then Pelle (sp?) picked us all up in the Chicken bus at Catcha and took us all down to Seasplash for the webcast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marley9808 View Post
    You are half right Tizzy.....when they called me I told them to come down to Catcha and get a drink at the bar while everyone was getting ready. Then Pelle (sp?) picked us all up in the Chicken bus at Catcha and took us all down to Seasplash for the webcast
    I can NEVER prove it now but I had already pieced this together as I was thinking about my introduction to Sweetness.
    What's so funny 'bout Peace, Love and Understanding?

User Info Menu

YES!!!!! That is when we ALL met her actually!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marley9808 View Post
    Eden......I think I love you.....nope...I am sure I do
    Hahaha!! Marley, you are so adorable! I really hope you and Ninja will be back there in Dec. Anthony and I would love to meet you both !