Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast

Thread: Guirigay and Sweetie Pie’s PaRedux It’s all true and it never really happened…

User Info Menu

Re: Guirigay and Sweetie Pie’s PaRedux: It’s all true and it never really happened…

I'm really loving your trip report! I'm so happy when I see a new update!
    Sweetie-pie took really beautiful pictures! She captured some really great moments!
    I like the close up of the "one love" boat on shore and the portrait of you gazing off into the distance.
    Looking forward to reading about the Magic Bus trip!
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Re: Guirigay and Sweetie Pie’s PaRedux: It’s all true and it never really happened…

well man you put me over the top with the belly flop coverage. I didn't realize how badly I needed a laugh and a new perception and you had me laughing till tears sprung. I haven't checked in for a bit so I had a lot in store. Wonderful words, beautiful photos. You make my heart yearn for those spots I know so well.

User Info Menu

Irieworld....he is just as funny live! LOL Are you keeping up with Marley's also? Fun stuff

GG....keep the mojo flowin
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Guirigay View Post
    Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed, it took me back sorting through the pics (which were from a lot of folks but mostly Katho and Kopper) Have Sweetie Pies video's been posted here? Ninja's edit of the first round? The full video of the lover's leap? Here's a pic that pulls it all together...

Pre-360 Flop, Da Champ, Calling on the Ancestors...

Attachment 15128
    I'm pretty attractive in those trunks, attractive and humble
    Da Ninja - 1st Annual Belly Flop Champ - Soon Come

~Fear accompanies the possibility of Death, Calm shepherds its certainty.

People's actions no longer affect a warrior when he has no more expectations of any kind. A strange peace becomes the ruling force in his life. He has adopted one of the concepts of a warrior's life -- detachment.
    ~from "The Eagle's Gift"~
    blog.ralonzosinclair.com

User Info Menu

I don't care how much I pay (Too much, the Magic Bus)
    I wanna drive my bus to my baby each day (Too much, the Magic Bus)

The thought of this day with this group of people was pretty much the stem that broke the camel’s back for us regarding a sooner than expected return to Negril. It really wasn’t in the cards financially but we made it happen. In the end, it would cost us even more than we had anticipated. In the end, it was one of the greatest bargains of our lives…

We’re rolling on Sav road and there is electricity running through the bus. Everyone is amped (Brasi doesn’t really show it but we know it’s true) and sporting megawatt smiles. I’m trying to tell a story to Mrs. SpottyCatz who’s sitting next to me and I can’t get through it. She has this “I don’t understand/what’s that about?/well I never” sort of thing she does that will just drop you. She is the perfect foil to riff off of and we’re in stitches. It’s another one of those couples insights we had throughout the week. She is Mrs. Abbott to Mr. Costello, Mrs. Martin to Mr. Lewis. She can totally direct the flow of the riff with a face or perfectly delivered word or phrase. I would call her the perfect straight lady but that just doesn’t seem appropriate. She is KILLING me, and I fall in love right then and there…

Booger and I open a slaughterhouse and infant sacrifice is the order of the day. We implement a plan for a full Magic Bus Fumigation System but it goes awry. We end up using a Direct Application Program but it still causes a lot of collateral damage.

I whip out my banana rum cream for a pass around. I offer the creamy banana fluid to all takers and it gets a little sordid. EVERY SINGLE TURTLE has a taste of my banana rum cream and LOVES it. EVERY SINGLE TURTLE offers a different twist on a double entendre. Many take a second slurp of my banana rum cream and offer double double entendres. I love it…

Ninja is up front playing with bottles. Something gets handed back to me that LOOKS like rum punch. I take a BIG slug. “Schwabbadda-Humminna-Whoooo!” I blurt, or something to that effect. “That’s STROOONG!” Mrs. SpottyCatz LOVES this and we have another good laugh. My hands are MORE than full at this point. “Anybody ever heard of a Trifecta?” I ask. A round of quizzical responses leads me to provide a somewhat altered presentation of the deed. Still, very effective, especially with gasoline.

Ninja and Pooper are in the process of developing an incredibly deep bond over their shared obsession with Peanut Butter. Yep, Peanut Butter. And yes, obsession. At first I was kind of thinking, “Peanut butter, really?” Yes, really. Peanut Butter. And obsessed, seriously obsessed. About peanut butter. I mean they like their peanut butter. A lot. They go on and on about peanut butter. You’d think that eventually they would tire of peanut butter and their desire for peanut butter but they don’t. They love it. Peanut butter, that is. Yep, Peanut butter…

It really doesn’t seem like we’re that far down the road when someone calls out for a pit stop. As most everyone has shared in the English Breakfast this morning nearly the whole bus has emptied to empty. “I ain’t breaking the seal yet!” I tell Ninja. “I know what you mean,” says Ninja,”I’ve been thinking about that, but this seal is breaking.” I figure this crew is stopping again before YS so I’m OK. Only time all day I miscalculated our ability to be distracted.

A loooonnnnggggg while later the bale get back on board and we roll. Sweetness has been sitting in front of us and we’ve had a bunch of classic Sweetness conversation. Positivity and light, hope and love, peace and understanding are her basic sub-context stock in trade. Sweetie Pie and I are involved in some major spiritual bonding with Sweetness. Then she takes it to a whole new level. Booger and Pooper are sitting behind us and I hear the extra jump seat in their row drop down. We turn around to see Pooper has plopped. She is laid out on the extra seat. I’m howling! “First one down!” I holler, “Boardie Down! Boardie Down!” Pooper is getting a raft from the whole Magic Bus when I hear from behind me… “BELLY SHOTS!!” I turn around and there is Sweetness with her little devil smile and a couple of fingers pressed to her lips. “I didn’t think it was possible Sweetness, but you just took my respect for you to a whole new level!” I said. I didn’t say what actually happened… I fell in love with her. Right There, Right Then…

Magic Bus, Magic Bus, Magic Bus
    Magic Bus, Magic Bus, Magic Bus

No one is making a request to take another rest stop. I’m not gonna do it if I don’t have to. I may have to, I’m thinking when I recognize that we’ll be at YS very shortly. Whew!

Give me a hundred (Magic Bus)
    I won't take under (Magic Bus)

We’re off the Magic Bus quickly and I jump in line to buy our tickets. Purchased, I hand them to Sweetie Pie and run for the restroom.

Goes like thunder (Magic Bus)
    It's a four-stage wonder (Magic Bus)

I break the seal on Pandora’s Box. I have an inordinately long time to think about strange things. Like,”If I were in a contest right now like the flop yesterday I would be off the charts for Force, Duration and Volume, I bet Distance if I had the chance…” and “I wonder how long it takes turtles to pee…”
    Last edited by Guirigay; 06-13-2012 at 02:18 PM.
    What's so funny 'bout Peace, Love and Understanding?

User Info Menu

Yes!!!!! I LOVE this! Perfect!

User Info Menu

I've scoured the pictures I have access to (2000+!!) and there are not many publishable images from the trip to YS. A well managed WWPP (Wild Woman Protection Program) crop and perfectly placed bottle of gasoline lets me post a pre-trifecta moment. Mrs. SpottyCatz is dumbfounded by my actions -

Name:  trtifecta.jpg
Views: 1280
Size:  88.1 KB

Pooper is down! Boardie Down!! 1st of the day, it doesn't count that Brasi showed up passed out... This is moments before "BELLY SHOTS!" I swear, Sweetness is the embodiment of the Tai Chi, which some of you may refer to as Yin and Yang. She is lightness and goodness pushing away the dark, always knowing that no matter what, it is a little part of her too... Oh, and don't dog Pooper too hard, she's down for like 3 minutes...

Name:  607878896311.jpg
Views: 1264
Size:  52.9 KB

AND THAT'S PRETTY MUCH IT!!!

User Info Menu

Tell me about it with the photos.....I had plenty but on some days barely any were postable....today was one of those days for sure

User Info Menu

.... Michael......I mean Guiriguy......your words warm my heart. (muah)
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

The bale is waddling about on the tram platform in classic turtle fashion. It is entirely outside our operating capacity to get all of us on the same tram.

Name:  tottling.jpg
Views: 1263
Size:  72.4 KB

Name:  tram.jpg
Views: 1242
Size:  82.8 KB

It is the beginning of the great dispersion. I don’t think all of us are together again until we rally at Chicken’s Magic Bus for departure. We see everybody someplace multiple times in the next couple of hours but as a group we move in a sort of kaleidoscopic fashion – separate, merge, split, join, divide, combine, detach, connect… And every new combination a thing of joyful beauty.

Sweetie Pie and I are on the second tram and turtles have already tottled off when we get to the falls. We head up the walk to the falls and I’m impressed at all the improvements since my last visit with the ex and kids. The old treehouse is gone, that’s a bummer, but the grounds are immaculate, much improved. It is a tropical paradise. We can hear the falls in the distance and the view as you approach the river is breathtaking. We stop for Sweetie Pie to catch hers. “Wow!” is all she can get out.

Mr. SpottyCatz thought “Wow!” too. When I look at this pic of him I also think “Wow!”

Name:  Mr Spotty.jpg
Views: 1200
Size:  101.4 KB

The place is very busy today but we don’t mind, they are big falls. Up to the swing and swim hole we go, by the time we get there turtles are already waterborne. They’ve installed a much more sophisticated swing than the last time I was there. There is still the big rope of the old swing hanging there but now on a platform a little ways up the hill there is a cable and pulley swing. In the old days you could swing off that rope from the side of the river or guides would take you to the edge of the falls hanging onto the rope and lift you up as you clung on for life before swinging.

There are piles of wet blue gloves on the platform below the swing and we each grab a pair and head up to the launch site. Anticipation builds until suddenly you’re grabbing a rope over your head and told “Go!” You’re staring at a wall of crashing whitewater as you slide out the cable. The pulley reaches its limit and the rope starts to swing toward the fluid pandemonium. It seems like you’ll be able to jump into the falls but it’s really not possible. Timing your release, however, can get you CLOSE to the falls. Sweetie Pie and I both do pretty good and before you know it we’re with a contingent of turtles playing in the water. I splash a little but the adrenaline rush from the swing has me jonesin’. I’m going again and ask Sweetie Pie if she wants to go too. “Once is enough, I think,” she says, ”but you should go.” So I do. You know what? That swing takes it out of you a little bit. More than I thought. I don’t launch nearly as well or as far. I get pushed in toward the rocks past the swing platform because I’m just kind of floating after my swing and end up having to swim a little hard to stay away from them. Still, well worth it but I don’t need a third swing.

I’m on my way again…
    Name:  going again.jpg
Views: 1219
Size:  80.6 KB

And Sweetie Pie and the gang are watching…
    Name:  second time.jpg
Views: 1230
Size:  92.2 KB

And this is the new swing. I think this is GonJon throwing it out there…
    Name:  new swing.jpg
Views: 1221
Size:  51.4 KB
    Last edited by Guirigay; 06-15-2012 at 01:50 PM.