Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast

Thread: Guirigay and Sweetie Pie’s PaRedux It’s all true and it never really happened…

User Info Menu

Re: Guirigay and Sweetie Pie’s PaRedux: It’s all true and it never really happened…

We have a blast playing in the swim hole for a good long while. GuiriPie, Booper and Jizzy are just a bunch of splash happy fools. I swim against the current making a little headway, but not much. I spend maybe 10 minutes doing an exercise I like to do anytime I’m in a strong current. I find a place in the river about 4 feet deep where I’ve got solid footing. Holding my arms out shoulder high with palms forward I lean into the current trying to remain balanced using just my hands working against the current. This is very difficult. It takes a perfect set of conditions and much effort to do it for more than a few seconds and today I think the longest I manage is 10-15. I’m tired at the end of it and ready to go with the flow the rest of the day…

The gang at play –
    Name:  big fun.jpg
Views: 1301
Size:  94.8 KB

Look how close to the edge you are and how freaky the old swing could be…
    Name:  close to the edge.jpg
Views: 1261
Size:  92.3 KB

We head up to the observation deck above the swing platform. From here you have an amazing view of the upper falls. There is a lot of mist in the air. Sweetie Pie and I hang out for a while just soaking it in. Turtles show up, chat, and disperse. Quite a few nice pictures get taken up here. At one point I turn around and see Clarity at the rail down the platform from us. She is blank-faced. Her mouth is closed but her jaw is dropped and she is in a deep place of self-experience, totally lost in the moment. It makes me smile and I point it out to Sweetie Pie asking, “Do I look like that when I’m contemplating?” “Oh, yeah,” she says, “that’s like your face!”

On our way down we run into Narley Minja on their way to the zipline. I’ve never zip-lined but I’ve done a lot of rappelling in my day and I know it’s hard to be very comfortable and impossible to be remotely chic looking in a suspension harness. I don’t know if they’re comfortable but I know Ninja looks ready to be strapped in the short bus! I’m glad he didn’t have access to one of these get-ups yesterday or I’d have been completely crushed. Marley, though, she’s still cute in that sort of “Come here little boo boo!” kind of way.

The get-ups –
    Name:  get up.jpg
Views: 1279
Size:  99.4 KB

And sweet lil’ Boo Boo…
    Name:  boo boo.jpg
Views: 1190
Size:  95.5 KB

We run into Brasi at a nesting spot over by the pool. Didn’t see him up on the falls at all but he seems to be coming around, well a little bit at least. He is generally conversing by this point. A group of us head back to the river for some photos and the hope of catching Narley Minja on the zip line. I get distracted in some fashion and miss it but a few folks catch them on film.

Somehow we manage to collect ourselves in a group following the return of the zipperhead turtles. We’re back on the tram, I think we all made it together? There is a bunch of cow crap bandied about on the way back, we try to check ourselves a little as there are families on the tram with us but we’re not 100 percent successful, I don’t think. Not bad though, we’re just having fun. We mostly engender smiles from the other groups instead of scowls.

We rally at the parking lot. Chicken is waiting for us with his trademark smile. So is the Magic Bus Too.

Too Much, The Magic Bus…
    What's so funny 'bout Peace, Love and Understanding?

User Info Menu

Re: Guirigay and Sweetie Pie’s PaRedux: It’s all true and it never really happened…

Quote Originally Posted by Guirigay View Post
    I’ve never zip-lined but I’ve done a lot of rappelling in my day and I know it’s hard to be very comfortable and impossible to be remotely chic looking in a suspension harness. I don’t know if they’re comfortable but I know Ninja looks ready to be strapped in the short bus! I’m glad he didn’t have access to one of these get-ups yesterday or I’d have been completely crushed. Marley, though, she’s still cute in that sort of “Come here little boo boo!” kind of way.…
    OMG i'm gonna pee my pants (heard that before?) But seriously, I"m laughing so hard...

Marley you do look really cute....and Ninja....very special, love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Guirigay View Post
    Somehow we manage to collect ourselves in a group following the return of the zipperhead turtles. We’re back on the tram, I think we all made it together? There is a bunch of cow crap bandied about on the way back, we try to check ourselves a little as there are families on the tram with us but we’re not 100 percent successful, I don’t think. Not bad though, we’re just having fun. We mostly engender smiles from the other groups instead of scowls.

We rally at the parking lot. Chicken is waiting for us with his trademark smile. So is the Magic Bus Too.

Too Much, The Magic Bus…
    You mean there were other people there? LOL Wow

Love YS Falls and like everything else....this time it was so much better because of all of you! and yeah thats jon on the rope swing. he's hottttt

Wish we had more pics of rope swing...think he's the only action shot
    Last edited by TizzyATX; 06-15-2012 at 02:11 PM.
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

"Come here little boo boo!"

OMG!! - This cracked me up!! I almost peed my pants too tizzy!! LOL!!

These are great pictures! Bring back so many memories of an amazing day!

Jon is looking all Tarzan-like that swinging pic! Wow!
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

I know every time I look at those photos I laugh
    "Special"
    Love it!

Tizzy I had more photos of the rope swing on the camera we lost (wah wah wahhhhhh)
    So....it just means we have to do it again...Re-Do!!!!! lol

User Info Menu

You know I love a REEEEEEE-DO!!!

<WAAAAAAAAAAAH>

...that was my best air-horn lol
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH from me too! (felt that Tizz!) Excellent stuff, my hat off to you Guirigay, you are a true scholar! I don't want all this story-telling to ever end! It seems like us turtles are all living in a parallel universe!
    Rise early, treat everyday as though it's your last and your last day as it's your first.

User Info Menu

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (I can't leave you all hanging on the air horn)

User Info Menu

I actually do not think that is Gonjon in the swinging pick. He has a tramp stamp, so if you can spot one than it is him. There was a guy who kept jumping that day doing all sorts of crazy flips, etc and I think that is him.

User Info Menu

Hahahahaha a tramp stamp!!!

User Info Menu

OK I am caught up, but headed down to the beach right now, catch you lata