There is photographic evidence of how quickly this whole thing escalated. Can’t be more than a couple of hours in at Seastar and there are hugs being given and looks being shot at each other that only come from people truly CONNECTED to each other. A great number of these pictures, however, are not for public consumption.

All of this is happening against the sonic backdrop of a Rock and Reggae show. It was LOUD. Fortunately we were all more than happy to get loud ourselves. Such a good time.

Before Luciano goes on we end up by the bar with Booger and Pooper and he’s hanging out with a local and his wife. When the guy turns around I notice that it’s Percy! Boogs and Percy are tight and we have a nice reunion. Percy will end up being my man by the end of the reach. It’s good to have a Good Man in Negril.

Luciano comes on and we head for the dance floor. What a great artist, what an wonderful human being. He has been around so long and done so much that he can kick into a classic like Give Praise as his second or third song and still have tons of material to bring it down at the end. His voice is pure, natural and easy. He sounds every bit as perfect live as he does recorded. I mean perfect. He plays for over two hours, multiple encores. Chris gets the house riled up for the last one. Just awesome. Sweetie Pie is struggling but hangs in, we’re going to see the end of the show. No pictures with Looch afterward, we need to get Sweetie Pie to bed.

Before we leave Clarity and Hubby-man tell us they are going to Mandeville tomorrow to see family but they’ve already paid for the night at Seastar. We can stay in their room tomorrow night if we’d like. We accept, of course! We’ll be able to chill on Monday morning in preparation for the Flop. Excellent. Arrangements are made and we grab a cab back to our crib. The driver doesn’t want to drop us of at the lane on West End. He drives us up to the house and makes a point to note that he’s shining the lights into the yard. “Always have your driver bring you to the house at night here,” he says. We pay him $10.

We slide into bed, it’s comfortable. We are satisfied, a day for the ages. We fall to sleep easily, deeply, soundly.