Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 182324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Marley and Ninja: Having Their Cake And Drinking It Too! Trip Report - April 2012

User Info Menu

Re: Marley and Ninja: Having Their Cake And Drinking It Too! Trip Report - April 2012

Markus and Daisy ordered some Lionfish and I forget what Ninja and I ordered. The Booper/Jizzy crew headed out and decided to head up to Catcha, so we told them we would be following them shortly and with that we convinced IndyBob and Cindy, Katho, wpyogi and +1 and Daisy and Markus to join us. We called the van to pick us up (the same one that took us all down to Bentleys) and once again we told him we would need to make one quick stop at Xtabi lol. Once Katho got her permission slip signed and whatever wpyogi had to do, we were all back on our way to Ivan’s.
    Once we arrived at Ivan’s, Booper/Jizzy crew had already got the party started which they are quite good at and so we decided we needed what every good party needs..... Flaming Bob Marleys! So Kevin did the honors and made a big old round of those nasty flaming things. I remember once they were all lined up on the bar and flaming he hands us a straw and says “Suck it fast before the straw melts” and I just looked around at everyone and no one was doing anything. I said “Are you really supposed to put the straw in there and drink it while it is still flaming” He said “yes” and no one was disputing it....of course no one else was doing it either so I figured, “What the hell” and I did exactly what he said.....shouts and screams and camera flashes were everywhere and then shortly after the burn traveled all the way down my throat and I swear I could feel it actually enter my stomach. Yep, that’s the kind of shot that gets the party going.

Name:  x6.jpg
Views: 1137
Size:  85.9 KB

Name:  383449_10151631363270111_554289026_n.jpg
Views: 1194
Size:  29.8 KB

With that, Raul and I went back to our room to get our supplies for Pineapple Upside Down Cake shots, and we made a shot for everyone at the bar including the staff. Yum! Those things are good! Well they were really more like drinks than shots, but you get the idea

Name:  536312_10151631368250111_1743665028_n.jpg
Views: 1033
Size:  71.2 KB

Name:  561285_10151631367560111_1664903500_n.jpg
Views: 1153
Size:  29.4 KB

Name:  IMG_7152 (1024x573).jpg
Views: 1126
Size:  52.5 KB

After all of the shots we decided we wanted to do a “test run” on our chinese lanterns so I grabbed the ones I brought (about 10) and we all headed to the cliff edge to see if we could get them lit and launched. Before we did that, a couple of us wrote our wishes on our lanterns with a marker. Once we were at the cliffs we struggled a little with determining how to light them and exactly how long they needed to be lit before attempting to launch them.....the first one was a crash and burn but eventually we all got the hang of it and managed to get them launched. It was really cool and we all enjoyed that.

Name:  559636_10151631371000111_32157056_n.jpg
Views: 1117
Size:  31.2 KB

Name:  380649_10151631369780111_1216734356_n.jpg
Views: 1112
Size:  19.4 KB

Name:  545896_10151631373160111_1785640945_n.jpg
Views: 1120
Size:  42.9 KB

Once all of our lanterns were launched several of the turtles thought it would be fun to do a night dive into the water....Barbara the manager at Catcha didn’t agree and she urged them all to get out of the water! Silly turtles

Ok so we have shut down Ivan’s, done several series of shots, launched chinese lanterns, gone for a night swim, what next? How about Eddies? Well of course, because that is where you go at the end of the night, isn’t it? For us it sure seems to be the trend, so we took a shift of several taxis and headed on over to our favorite neighborhood hangout. Eddie and Trevor were there to greet us as always. Dancing Ronnie was also there. This night was fun as all the other nights were and there is really not much more to say about that. Fun, drinking, laughing, story telling.......

Name:  314222_10151631378075111_1217013033_n.jpg
Views: 1037
Size:  51.3 KB

Name:  563175_10151631376445111_1199188482_n.jpg
Views: 1011
Size:  51.1 KB

Who knows what time it even was, it was late but several of the crew weren’t phased and they continued on to MiYard...Ninja and I however headed back to Catcha and called it a night.
    Another amazing, fun, crazy day in the books and still two more to go.....tomorrow....the Boardie Bash!

Tonight we got the chance to spend some more time with a couple of other boardies:

IndyBob - What a guy..... I am pretty sure his face has a permanent smile painted on it because I never saw him not smiling....and why wouldn’t he? I am pretty sure anyone would smile constantly if married to Cindy. But really, Bob, you are such a wonderful, friendly, fun-filled guy and it was really fun partying with you and your amazing wife, you guys crack me up and I look forward to spending more time with you both in the future!

Lurker Cindy - Oh what can I say about Tizzy’s long lost mom. I still remember when I first met her she came over to us at the table at Seastar and said “Hi, I’m Cindy....I’m a LURKER (using air quotes)” and it just stuck, from then on she was Lurker Cindy. And I really do think she and Tizzy may have been separated at birth. And just like I never saw Bob not smiling....I never saw Cindy NOT dancing! She dances to her own beat (even when there isn’t one....she doesn’t need a beat, there is always a song in her head and always a reason to dance!) You just got to love her zest for life, her free spirit and her “accents” that she speaks....even though her Jamaican accent and her Puerto Rican accent sound exactly the same.....Just love you lady! I feel like if you were around these two, that every minute of every day would be a non stop party!

User Info Menu

Re: Marley and Ninja: Having Their Cake And Drinking It Too! Trip Report - April 2012

Marley,
    Is that french toast really only one order?! Omg, it looks sooo good,and French toast is my fave breakfast, were you able to finish all that goodness on that plate?!
    The lanterns are such a nice idea! Love how you matched the drink to your shirt! Ha!

[QUOTE=marley9808;58248][U][B] Attachment 15959
    Last edited by Eden; 07-11-2012 at 10:49 PM.

User Info Menu

Are you sure you drink? Were you drinking virgins the entire time? The details you remember are amazing........ That day is a tie with the Magic bus day as my favorite of the trip. We had an amazing day with Jizzy and it was fun filled with many friends throughout. SpottyCatz stepping up and singing his heart out with Rasta Stan was really cool and just made the day that much more killer...
    And those Marley shots will just be a memory, as the one I did that night nearly killed me and I am done with those. It came out just as fast as it went in, pure gasoline. And that pic with you and Rob reminds me how lucky Ninja really is, great pic. And how can you not close out a great day with Eddie and Friends?

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Eden;58256]Marley,
    Is that french toast really only one order?! Omg, it looks sooo good,and French toast is my fave breakfast, were you able to finish all that goodness on that plate?!
    The lanterns are such a nice idea! Love how you matched the drink to your shirt! Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by marley9808 View Post
    Yes that is one order!!! French Toast is my favorite too, have always loved it and since the first time I had it at Xtabi (2007) I have NEVER had another that has come close to it. I just don't know what it is that makes it so good, but it is the best! You will have to give it a try and let me know if you agree.....and oh yes I finished that whole plate.....thats almost the only time I can finish a meal in Jamaica but I NEVER let that go to waste. I was sad that I only had it ONCE on this past trip....that is unusual for me, I will have to make up for it in December lol

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post
    Are you sure you drink? Were you drinking virgins the entire time? The details you remember are amazing........ That day is a tie with the Magic bus day as my favorite of the trip. We had an amazing day with Jizzy and it was fun filled with many friends throughout. SpottyCatz stepping up and singing his heart out with Rasta Stan was really cool and just made the day that much more killer...
    And those Marley shots will just be a memory, as the one I did that night nearly killed me and I am done with those. It came out just as fast as it went in, pure gasoline. And that pic with you and Rob reminds me how lucky Ninja really is, great pic. And how can you not close out a great day with Eddie and Friends?
    Of course I drink....you saw me drinking (though you probably don't remember it) But funny enough as much as I drink I rarely get drunk in Jamaica....I am not sure why, but I am definitely not complaining. And you know those Blue Canoes weren't virgins.....YOU were the one who told me not to order it because it was TOO STRONG! hahahahaha But I thought they were rather tasty! lol
    I know....I loved the day too, but I loved them all honestly. I do think that will have to go down in the books as one of his best birthdays for sure. We always had a blast with this group of folks and I remember all of it because I never wanted to forget a single moment, I wanted this trip to last forever, even if only in my memories!
    Thanks for the compliment.....you better be flattering me because you know how upset I am with you right now, Booger. I already told you I wasn't talking to you and here I am replying....
    (LOL only kidding of course)

And yeah, I think Eddie's will always be the signature close to every good night!

User Info Menu

The party SHOT. Not even gonna try and pinpoint my fav, but this was one of the best days/nights I can rememeber....as in EVER. I'm so glad someone (YOU) remembers everything accurately cause I sure as hell dont. LOL

Jon sure seemed to enjoy himself on his bday lol....but how could you not with a friend like Booger. LOL

You guys came through on the cake shots! That was the shiz

Anyways, great recap of a great day!!! Great pics. I look terrible but soooo happy w Eddie! LOL

Hey Mom! (I know you're lurking and dancing about) HAHAHAHAHAHA
    Last edited by TizzyATX; 07-12-2012 at 09:35 AM.
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

P.S. A lot of those pics are courtesy of Katho because most of my pics from this day (inlcuding a KILLER shot of the flaming Bob Marleys) was on the camera we lost.
    Let this be a lesson to all, to try and download / upload / save / copy over all photos at the end of every day if you have that option so if you lose your camera you won't also lose all of your photos....that is my biggest regret and definitely our best lesson from this trip!

But luckily there were many other cameras snapping around! Thanks Katho

User Info Menu

Dude...MY biggest regret is you losing that camera. LOL I'm just giving you a hard time, but you're right that's a great idea. i'm taking notes but once I'm there it's another story hahaha and I would probably not think to do it....but thank god for OP's! LOL Katho caught so much action omg, her pics are amazing too. Props Katho!

Would have liked to see the flaming marley pic, i love those shots. Love the CHEERS pic at Ivans. Good stuff, wish we were on our way there now....hmmm.
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

Yeah Tizzy, I wish that too

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TizzyATX View Post
    Dude...MY biggest regret is you losing that camera. LOL I'm just giving you a hard time, but you're right that's a great idea. i'm taking notes but once I'm there it's another story hahaha and I would probably not think to do it....but thank god for OP's! LOL Katho caught so much action omg, her pics are amazing too. Props Katho!

Would have liked to see the flaming marley pic, i love those shots. Love the CHEERS pic at Ivans. Good stuff, wish we were on our way there now....hmmm.
    We all need to bust out the credit cards and just do it. I'm in.....,,