Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast

Thread: Marley and Ninja: Having Their Cake And Drinking It Too! Trip Report - April 2012

User Info Menu

Re: Marley and Ninja: Having Their Cake And Drinking It Too! Trip Report - April 2012

Ha! That is so true Clarity! I think Sunday was the ONLY day we didn't spend together....so funny!
    We were so in sync we even wore *almost* matching shirts the day at the falls, hahaha that made me laugh....LOVE it!

User Info Menu

Re: Marley and Ninja: Having Their Cake And Drinking It Too! Trip Report - April 2012

Can't wait! More, more, more...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ralonzo29 View Post
    I dont know if I'd call myself a yogi but do to an unfortunate spinal disc issue at L4 and L5 I've taken up yoga to keep me nicely stretched and injury free. It also keep me flexible for my Ninja-ing
    Yes, you have seen the light...yoga makes everything better...maaaadddddd ninja skills included.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post
    Wpyogi, You can pay for your trip treating Rahoooooool and me.

Booger, you are on!!! Daily classes cliff side at Catcha...

Marley, thanks girl. Really enjoying the play by play

User Info Menu

I'll watch y'all

my ninja skills already on point
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

Fun day that was hanging with everybody.

yeah you sleepy heads missed the party in the Jacuzzi....actually it was just me, Jonny, and Booger....but it was cool cause the wata was so rough and crashing up on the cliffs spraying us....pretty sweet.
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

Day2 con’t: Sunday April 23, 2012
    NINJA's 2Cents
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Ok a precursory note before I start. I was gonna tell the Bear story somewhere in this TR but couldn’t remember when it was told to me. So last night Shauna and I were hashing out when and where it had been told to us and I realized it was sometime when we were in Ivans before we left to go to Sea Splash. I also decided its not my story to tell. So if you want to know the Bear story you’ll need to book a flight to Jamaica for December and ask Booger yourself .

Okay so before we left the cliffs and Catcha to head to the Sea Splash webcast I made the mistake of laying down in the hammock while we waited for the ladies to get ready. It was one of those afternoon naps that you wake from feeling more tired than you did when you laid down. Worse mistake. As I was woken up to head out I realized it would take a bit of motivation to get me in party gear, right now I was in lazy gear. I realize why I cant really remember the bus ride down I was considerably out of it and remained pretty much quiet for the trip. My brain was too shut off for me to engage anyone and I was hoping that if I gave it time the doldrums would release my brain and I’d be ready to have fun. I do remember meeting Chickens brother and him making a joke about them calling him rooster when some asked if they called him little chicken.

As we stepped off the bus and headed into Sea Splash I had come around a bit, well enough to take in the view of the property. I havent stayed at any beach properties but one and I’ve only really been on less than a handful, but I really loved the ambiance that Sea Splash had to offer. The beautiful greenery and buildings really made me make a mental note. If I wanted to stay on the beach this might be in the running.

We made a beeline to the bar area and greeted some fellow boardies and said our hellos to Rob and Lisa. I remember briefly having a discussion about the video camera Rob was using but my mind was still full of cobwebs. I went to the bar to get Shauna and I a drink (yeah a drink was gonna help me) and ran into a familiar face. Brasi said hi and I think i gave him the same so what face I gave Booger. I have to admit this was because I was half out of it. So i hoped he’d taken no offense as I reached the bar and ordered a RSL and some rum punch for Shauna.

Right after I handed the drink to Shauna I walked back to the bar and I believe someone ordered a rum cream drink. I immediately realized that all I had to do was hit Time Square and Shauna wouldn't have to go without RC in her coffee tomorrow.

Note: I’ve just done the calculations and its about a mile away from where we were to Time Square.

So I started to walk out put my beer on the bar and asked Lisa to watch it. About 10 steps pasted that I hesitated and decided against the walk then turned around and in that instant changed my mind again. I mean it was still daylight and I shouldnt have a problem getting there. If it isnt open well I’m sure I’ll find someplace on the way there to oblige me.

Note, yes:
    1) I should have told Shauna I was going for the walk, but she doesn't no how to let something go if I wont tell her why.

B) I’m a man of action I don’t have time worry about incidentals like checking, I’m the Smooth Headed International Travelers President for christ sake (ok yes I know this could have all be avoided if I just told her)

3) How far can it be where on the beach strip, its gotta be just around the b
    end.

You ever start something and then halfway into it it's like you’re Captain Ahab and what ever you were doing is your white whale. By 15 minutes into my walk I already knew Shauna had missed me and that I was in for it when I got back but hell I was already this far out what I wanted couldn’t be that far and if I stopped now and then saw later it was just 20 more feet Id’ve been pissed. So needless to say I didn’t make it to Time Square but 20 minutes into my walk I found another store. I wanted Time Square because I knew they had flavored RC but I’d have to settle for regular. She wouldn’t mind. Hell I’d be lucky she didn't hit me over the head with it when I got back. I seriously contemplated grabbing a car and getting a lift back, but when I’m a man on a mission I do it my way. I have to admit by now I had worked up a nice sweat and was totally out my funk, WINNING. So I covered the walk in half the time it took me to get there (or at least it seemed that way; doesn’t it always). As I entered Sea Splash I steeled myself to get “where were you’s” and looks of annoyance from at least my wife. I even entertained the idea that maybe she was too caught up with all the boardies to even notice my absence. NO LUCK. As I entered the bar area Rob gave me the you're in the ****e house look and I cocked my head and smiled my ****e eating grin (thanks Booger) and said “oh well” or something Han Soloish. Booger found me on his way to the beach and said Shauna and Sandie where up in the front putting out an APB for me. We hatched a plan where I would say something smart like I was in the bathroom or I was in the bar the whole time. Yeah, I internally advised myself against that idea. So when we reached the lobby Booger goes “look who i found”. All I could do was smile. When asked where I was I didn’t immediately answer, well I couldn't because thanks to Sandie I had to apologies to the lobby people for my inconsideration. You know Sandie I’m your elder next time you shame me in front of other people I’m taking your peanut butter away. Hell what could I do she was right I had caused undue concern and I’m grown enough (not much but enough) to take my lumps when they come. After apologizing to the staff, my wife asked again where I was I simply handed her the bottle and bade her to look in the bag with a nod. All said and done she forgave me and I promised to let her know where I was going from now on (demanding isn’t she). The rest of the night there was a blur of meeting boardies and sitting by the water watching the sun slowly move towards the horizon. I talked with Brasi more sans the “so what” face. We met Bella with her thick sexy accent. 50% of my family has this accent, 25% sound Jamaican and well the other 25 are what my mom calls YANKEES. And its not the same as what a southerner from the States would call a Yankee she means us all, North, South, East and West. If you need a good impression of what Bella sounds like just ask Indy Cindy she’s got it spot on . I’m not sure if Shauna mentioned that Boombastic was nice enough to serenade everyone in the bar (or atleast I think it was that night my brains losing some of the memories) while helping a newlywed couple sing a song for us. It was good.

-----

Well it was time to roll, there was a comedy show to get to (or not to get to). We hit the road headed up the cliff and some yelled food. I have to admit I was starving but we had a deadline didn’t we. I remember thinking how we were inconveniencing the only person who had tickets to the show [Sweetness] but, food sounded real good. We stopped at Eddies to grab a quick bite and well as you know it didn't quite go the way we planned. I was a bit on edge because I felt like we were keeping Sweetness from her night of comedy so I kept trying to figure out 1. if the food was done and B. if getting there late would be an issue. Shauna asked Sweetness if she minded the delay and once she said she didn't care being here was just as fun I let that go and sat down for some red stripes, fries and friendship. Somehow we got on the topic of poop more than once, as well as the midnight habits of the rare and elusive Sandie Bird. This is where we bonded on the enjoyment of peanut butter.

NOTE:
    1) We have both been on low carb diets, so we have no bread in the house.
    2) My wife likes to have a night snack of sliced apple, honey and a smear of PB.
    3) I love peanut butter and once I smell it I kinda want it, but not on an apple on bread.
    D) see one WE HAVE NO BREAD
    E) I settle for big heaping spoonfulls of it, cuz thats how I roll.

This night was one of those night where there are like 15 conversations going on and some much fun happening you just don’t want to stop laughing and talking. Alas Eddies had to come to an end but the party train needed to truck on. Unfortunately we lost some companions and LTU being almost closed was slowing the locomotive down. Once we hit good ole home base the party was over for the Marley/Ninja contingency and the bed calleth. I had a cigar to put me to bed and called it a night. Best part of the night is getting to curl up next to my hot wife
    Da Ninja - 1st Annual Belly Flop Champ - Soon Come

~Fear accompanies the possibility of Death, Calm shepherds its certainty.

People's actions no longer affect a warrior when he has no more expectations of any kind. A strange peace becomes the ruling force in his life. He has adopted one of the concepts of a warrior's life -- detachment.
    ~from "The Eagle's Gift"~
    blog.ralonzosinclair.com

User Info Menu

You see what I mean? It's pretty impossible to be mad at this guy, right?

And yes honey, this was the same night that our friend Boombastic and the cute newlywed couple (who just happened to look like Malibu Ken and Barbie) sang a few songs for the crowd.

I can't believe you put the "bear story" teaser out there like that LMAO

User Info Menu

Marley, Your hubby is very sweet and clearly went on that rum cream adventure only because he wanted to do something special for his beautiful wife. After reading your report, I can just feel how panicked you were that night when you couldn't find him. I am SO glad that he was found safe and sound, and also that you got your beloved rum cream! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by marley9808 View Post
    You see what I mean? It's pretty impossible to be mad at this guy, right?

And yes honey, this was the same night that our friend Boombastic and the cute newlywed couple (who just happened to look like Malibu Ken and Barbie) sang a few songs for the crowd.

I can't believe you put the "bear story" teaser out there like that LMAO

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ralonzo29 View Post
    Day2 con’t: Sunday April 23, 2012
    NINJA's 2Cents
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Ok a precursory note before I start. I was gonna tell the Bear story somewhere in this TR but couldn’t remember when it was told to me. So last night Shauna and I were hashing out when and where it had been told to us and I realized it was sometime when we were in Ivans before we left to go to Sea Splash. I also decided its not my story to tell. So if you want to know the Bear story you’ll need to book a flight to Jamaica for December and ask Booger yourself .

Okay so before we left the cliffs and Catcha to head to the Sea Splash webcast I made the mistake of laying down in the hammock while we waited for the ladies to get ready. It was one of those afternoon naps that you wake from feeling more tired than you did when you laid down. Worse mistake. As I was woken up to head out I realized it would take a bit of motivation to get me in party gear, right now I was in lazy gear. I realize why I cant really remember the bus ride down I was considerably out of it and remained pretty much quiet for the trip. My brain was too shut off for me to engage anyone and I was hoping that if I gave it time the doldrums would release my brain and I’d be ready to have fun. I do remember meeting Chickens brother and him making a joke about them calling him rooster when some asked if they called him little chicken.

As we stepped off the bus and headed into Sea Splash I had come around a bit, well enough to take in the view of the property. I havent stayed at any beach properties but one and I’ve only really been on less than a handful, but I really loved the ambiance that Sea Splash had to offer. The beautiful greenery and buildings really made me make a mental note. If I wanted to stay on the beach this might be in the running.

We made a beeline to the bar area and greeted some fellow boardies and said our hellos to Rob and Lisa. I remember briefly having a discussion about the video camera Rob was using but my mind was still full of cobwebs. I went to the bar to get Shauna and I a drink (yeah a drink was gonna help me) and ran into a familiar face. Brasi said hi and I think i gave him the same so what face I gave Booger. I have to admit this was because I was half out of it. So i hoped he’d taken no offense as I reached the bar and ordered a RSL and some rum punch for Shauna.

Right after I handed the drink to Shauna I walked back to the bar and I believe someone ordered a rum cream drink. I immediately realized that all I had to do was hit Time Square and Shauna wouldn't have to go without RC in her coffee tomorrow.

Note: I’ve just done the calculations and its about a mile away from where we were to Time Square.

So I started to walk out put my beer on the bar and asked Lisa to watch it. About 10 steps pasted that I hesitated and decided against the walk then turned around and in that instant changed my mind again. I mean it was still daylight and I shouldnt have a problem getting there. If it isnt open well I’m sure I’ll find someplace on the way there to oblige me.

Note, yes:
    1) I should have told Shauna I was going for the walk, but she doesn't no how to let something go if I wont tell her why.

B) I’m a man of action I don’t have time worry about incidentals like checking, I’m the Smooth Headed International Travelers President for christ sake (ok yes I know this could have all be avoided if I just told her)

3) How far can it be where on the beach strip, its gotta be just around the b
    end.

You ever start something and then halfway into it it's like you’re Captain Ahab and what ever you were doing is your white whale. By 15 minutes into my walk I already knew Shauna had missed me and that I was in for it when I got back but hell I was already this far out what I wanted couldn’t be that far and if I stopped now and then saw later it was just 20 more feet Id’ve been pissed. So needless to say I didn’t make it to Time Square but 20 minutes into my walk I found another store. I wanted Time Square because I knew they had flavored RC but I’d have to settle for regular. She wouldn’t mind. Hell I’d be lucky she didn't hit me over the head with it when I got back. I seriously contemplated grabbing a car and getting a lift back, but when I’m a man on a mission I do it my way. I have to admit by now I had worked up a nice sweat and was totally out my funk, WINNING. So I covered the walk in half the time it took me to get there (or at least it seemed that way; doesn’t it always). As I entered Sea Splash I steeled myself to get “where were you’s” and looks of annoyance from at least my wife. I even entertained the idea that maybe she was too caught up with all the boardies to even notice my absence. NO LUCK. As I entered the bar area Rob gave me the you're in the ****e house look and I cocked my head and smiled my ****e eating grin (thanks Booger) and said “oh well” or something Han Soloish. Booger found me on his way to the beach and said Shauna and Sandie where up in the front putting out an APB for me. We hatched a plan where I would say something smart like I was in the bathroom or I was in the bar the whole time. Yeah, I internally advised myself against that idea. So when we reached the lobby Booger goes “look who i found”. All I could do was smile. When asked where I was I didn’t immediately answer, well I couldn't because thanks to Sandie I had to apologies to the lobby people for my inconsideration. You know Sandie I’m your elder next time you shame me in front of other people I’m taking your peanut butter away. Hell what could I do she was right I had caused undue concern and I’m grown enough (not much but enough) to take my lumps when they come. After apologizing to the staff, my wife asked again where I was I simply handed her the bottle and bade her to look in the bag with a nod. All said and done she forgave me and I promised to let her know where I was going from now on (demanding isn’t she). The rest of the night there was a blur of meeting boardies and sitting by the water watching the sun slowly move towards the horizon. I talked with Brasi more sans the “so what” face. We met Bella with her thick sexy accent. 50% of my family has this accent, 25% sound Jamaican and well the other 25 are what my mom calls YANKEES. And its not the same as what a southerner from the States would call a Yankee she means us all, North, South, East and West. If you need a good impression of what Bella sounds like just ask Indy Cindy she’s got it spot on . I’m not sure if Shauna mentioned that Boombastic was nice enough to serenade everyone in the bar (or atleast I think it was that night my brains losing some of the memories) while helping a newlywed couple sing a song for us. It was good.

-----

Well it was time to roll, there was a comedy show to get to (or not to get to). We hit the road headed up the cliff and some yelled food. I have to admit I was starving but we had a deadline didn’t we. I remember thinking how we were inconveniencing the only person who had tickets to the show [Sweetness] but, food sounded real good. We stopped at Eddies to grab a quick bite and well as you know it didn't quite go the way we planned. I was a bit on edge because I felt like we were keeping Sweetness from her night of comedy so I kept trying to figure out 1. if the food was done and B. if getting there late would be an issue. Shauna asked Sweetness if she minded the delay and once she said she didn't care being here was just as fun I let that go and sat down for some red stripes, fries and friendship. Somehow we got on the topic of poop more than once, as well as the midnight habits of the rare and elusive Sandie Bird. This is where we bonded on the enjoyment of peanut butter.

NOTE:
    1) We have both been on low carb diets, so we have no bread in the house.
    2) My wife likes to have a night snack of sliced apple, honey and a smear of PB.
    3) I love peanut butter and once I smell it I kinda want it, but not on an apple on bread.
    D) see one WE HAVE NO BREAD
    E) I settle for big heaping spoonfulls of it, cuz thats how I roll.

This night was one of those night where there are like 15 conversations going on and some much fun happening you just don’t want to stop laughing and talking. Alas Eddies had to come to an end but the party train needed to truck on. Unfortunately we lost some companions and LTU being almost closed was slowing the locomotive down. Once we hit good ole home base the party was over for the Marley/Ninja contingency and the bed calleth. I had a cigar to put me to bed and called it a night. Best part of the night is getting to curl up next to my hot wife

I couldn't agree more.

The bear story will definitely have to wait till December, way too long to type out...