Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Marley and Ninja: Having Their Cake And Drinking It Too! Trip Report - April 2012

User Info Menu

Re: Marley and Ninja: Having Their Cake And Drinking It Too! Trip Report - April 2012

Quote Originally Posted by garysteph1018 View Post
    So tell me, is the french toast at Xtabi better than the french toast at Catcha? That was my favorite!!!
    You can throw the french toast at Teddy's at Blue Cave Castle into that mix. And Just Natural has killer french toast as does Country Country. We can start a whole new thread on french toast, but than we would lose Marley's contributions in all the other post.

User Info Menu

Re: Marley and Ninja: Having Their Cake And Drinking It Too! Trip Report - April 2012

love country country french toast! And Montana's has banana bread french toast. Now I will have to try Xtabi style and compare. I have had their lobster eggs benedict and the Jamaican breakfast which are fantastic, but have yet to sample the french toast.

Thanks for the ongoing reporting and photos (glad not all were lost)!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by garysteph1018 View Post
    So tell me, is the french toast at Xtabi better than the french toast at Catcha? That was my favorite!!!
    Yep I like Catcha's too....but I swear Xtabi's is better than any I have ever had EVER! ANYWHERE!
    And what is weird is that there is nothing at all fancy about it, no special fillings or toppings or anything.....just plain old delicious French Toast!
    Mmmmmmmmmmm

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post
    You can throw the french toast at Teddy's at Blue Cave Castle into that mix. And Just Natural has killer french toast as does Country Country. We can start a whole new thread on french toast, but than we would lose Marley's contributions in all the other post.

I love the idea of a French Toast thread. Plus now I think I should make a special trip just to do some serious French Toast research!!! Hmmmm, wonder if I could get that funded! LOL

User Info Menu

Oh Oh, can I please be your assistant french toast tester?
    Quote Originally Posted by marley9808 View Post
    I love the idea of a French Toast thread. Plus now I think I should make a special trip just to do some serious French Toast research!!! Hmmmm, wonder if I could get that funded! LOL

User Info Menu

hmm Marley, it could be done, 9 french toasts in 9 days. Wow, that would take some stamina. OK, 6 french toasts in 9 days and lots of walks and swims to burn the carbs.

User Info Menu

Eden and irieworld...I think we are on to something!

User Info Menu

Okay, now I want french toast. Guess I know what I'll be having for breakfast!

User Info Menu

Day 7: April 27, 2012

I woke up this morning with a smile on my face (much like I had every other day of this trip). Today would be a really good day, and a somewhat sad one as well. Today was the day of the Boardie Bash! I was so excited that I was finally going to be attending a Negril.com Boardie Bash rather than just watching it on the webcast or hearing about it on the board! I smiled again when I realized that I would be meeting EVEN MORE boardies today, which was hard to imagine since in the last 6 days I had met more boardies than I have on any of our previous trips combined. I was excited to party with my already newly found family as well as the other boardies who I had yet to meet! And based on the fun I had been having with all of the boardies I HAD met so far, I knew this was going to be one hell of a party. I also knew, however, that tonight would be the last night for some of our friends and that would mean goodbyes would be coming and that made me sad, but I quickly put that out of my mind and focused on all the fun that was to be had. Ninja and I woke up and headed out to breakfast where Sweetness was saving our usual table for us. I got my large cup of rum cream (oops I mean coffee, of course)

This morning’s breakfast: French Toast with warm banana at Catcha (doesn’t this look delicious? It was....but still not better than Xtabi’s)

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 1130
Size:  79.3 KB

After breakfast we hung out around Catcha for the remainder of the morning until it was time for the Bash. We got dressed and ready and hopped on the scooters to head down to Canoe. I checked with Mauvette to make sure that the special treat we had ordered for the party had been delivered to Canoe and she confirmed that it had, so with that we were off....

We rode our scooters down to Canoe and as soon as we arrived it was not hard to see that the party was already in effect! We heard some greetings being yelled out to us as we pulled up and I was already happy to be there. We entered and saw some of the usual suspects already inside. First order of business, Ninja ordered us some drinks and we toasted to those who were there and those who would be soon arriving. The Steel Band was set up outside and already starting to jam. So many introductions and laughs and stories and fun was had this day. Here are a few photos from the event:

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 1133
Size:  97.8 KB

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 1126
Size:  97.3 KB

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 1140
Size:  92.4 KB

Name:  5.jpg
Views: 1132
Size:  79.6 KB

After a while of fun and laughs, Rob announces it is time for the Group Photo so we all (eventually) make our way down onto the beach and line up, there were several versions of this photo taken that day, here is the one we managed to get

Name:  6.jpg
Views: 1123
Size:  87.0 KB

After the group shot I asked the kitchen if they could bring out our special treat. We had ordered a special rum cake just for the Boardie Bash. This is what we refer to as the world’s BEST RUM CAKE (ever) and I had offered to purchase one and bring it to the bash back in December when I first started the roll call thread. I thought it would be a good way to entice folks to come LOL

Mmmmmmmmmm rum cake

Name:  7.jpg
Views: 1109
Size:  91.9 KB

Not even sure what time it was or how long we had been there but at some point we got a call to meet Booper and Jizzy back up at Catcha for dinner and drinks. It was their last night and we knew we would be closing down Ivan’s for that! So I told GG and Sweetiepie and Markus and Daisy and since by this point we were all staying at Catcha it just made sense to head back there for a nice special dinner. Ninja and I hopped on our scooters and GG, SP, Daisy and Markus followed in a van. We decided first to stop off at Just Natural to get a detox of some sort lol, so we did.

Our sweet rides parked outside of Just Natural

Name:  8.jpg
Views: 1082
Size:  101.8 KB

While we were there, everyone ordered up some mighty delicious juices and enjoyed chatting. It began to rain so we waited it out there and I ordered some pumpkin soup which was excellent. GG got some much needed detox and also a very loving foot rub for his swollen feet and soon after the rain let up and we headed on to Catcha. By that time I believe Booper and Jizzy had already enjoyed their dinner so we got a table for Ninja and I, Guirigay, Sweetiepie, Markus and Daisy. After hearing several recommendations for the Seafood Linguine from everyone who had ever ordered it, I decided to go with that, as did Daisy. Ninja ordered the Pineapple Ginger Chicken and Guirigay ordered the dish that was almost just like Chicken Lola (but with snapper I believe). I don’t remember what anyone else had but I do remember how amazingly delicious the Seafood Linguine was and that much like the Xtabi French Toast I will now vow to eat this dish as much as possible! LOL

Here are some photos of the meal (except mine, apparently I ate it too fast to take a picture hahaha)

Name:  9.jpg
Views: 1010
Size:  55.2 KB

Name:  91.jpg
Views: 969
Size:  66.2 KB

User Info Menu

We started getting heckled from a rowdy gang that was seated up at Ivan’s bar. They were yelling at us to finish our meals already and come drink! Wonder who that could be? So we headed back up to Ivan’s and assumed the natural and usual bar stool positions. I look over and notice Booger eating some pumpkin soup and I holler out, “HEY!” Because while we were at dinner I asked for the pumpkin soup and was told they didn’t have it that night, instead it was conch or something. So when I saw Booger eating it and then later Tizzy, slurping it, I was hot! Booger informed me he had the chef make him a special order (suck up) but at least he did share a bit with me so I soon forgave him.

mmmm pumpkin soup...slurp

Name:  92.jpg
Views: 944
Size:  41.7 KB

I decided it was time for another drink and as I looked around at the smiling faces of all of my new family of friends I thought what would be a fitting drink to toast this night. I then remembered one of my favorite specialty drinks from back in the college days. We all used to go to a bar for Happy Hour on what they called “Thirsty Thursday” and order these for $2! Ahh memories. But funny enough, the drink is not always known by every bartender in the world so I am surprised when some bartenders actually are aware of it. I remember from our First Anniversary that Ty at Catcha is one of those bartenders who does know it, God Bless him so I holler out, “Ty! A round of Miami Vices for everyone!” He nods and smiles and all of the turtles turn to me and say “Miami Vice? What is that?” And so I just smile and say, just wait, you will see, and you will LOVE it! And they did.....

Name:  93.jpg
Views: 874
Size:  45.8 KB

A Miami Vice is a Pina Colada and Strawberry Daiquiri mixed together. Ty gets fancy with his and adds what I think might be a little bit of Blue Curacao
    We all enjoy our tasty beverages and some laughs as usual, just like we have done all week.....and what a week it has been, with some really great people.

Name:  94.jpg
Views: 978
Size:  19.9 KB

Next thing you know Booger brings out his ipod and gives it to Kevin to hook up to the bar sound system. In a few minutes we all join in on a very special “Kevin and Ty show” Luckily it was a song that we all seemed to know so everyone joined in as Kevin and Ty led. They even passed the flashy mic around to others for a verse, just ask Pooper....in my opinion, she stole the show!

The restaurant closes up and Vevienne joins us at the bar to celebrate her birthday. She wants to do a shot and we ask her what shot. She says “I want a Flaming Bob” and the crowd goes quiet. LOL She looks around “Oh come on, who will do one with me?” And to that challenge, Tizzy steps up and says “I will, girl!”

Name:  95.jpg
Views: 1011
Size:  59.1 KB

They both take those shots like pros and then some other antics ensue from the staff at Catcha to help Vevienne celebrate her birthday and with that we all have a good laugh. The staff there is the best! As the night is coming to a close we also realize that this will be the last night this whole group is together as tomorrow Booger, Pooper, Tizzy and Gonjon will be returning home. So we decide we need to take some sort of group shot and there would be no better place to take it than at Ivan’s bar. Tizzy points out a sign in the bar and says that would be the best place for us all to gather for the group shot. So we all move to the area and after a long and elaborate camera positioning, testing and setup process we capture the group shot under the sign that reads “Friends and Family Gather Here”

Name:  96.jpg
Views: 975
Size:  87.0 KB

After the group photo it was time to let off our Chinese Lanterns. We had originally brought them to try and time it to let them off during the same time the folks on the beach were letting theirs off for Farmers Daughters wedding. I think they had originally said 9pm but we had been out there at 9 and didn’t see any. By now it was about 10pm I think or possibly later (either way I think we JUST missed them) but since we had done a practice run the night before we were much better this time. We handed out the lanterns to everyone including the staff at Catcha and even some other bar patrons and we headed to the cliffs to let them off into the sky. I can think of no better way to end one of the best trips ever than to stand on the cliffs under the moonlight with your friends and some of the best staff around which is also like family and launch wish lanterns into the nights sky. As I lit mine and let it go I looked around to all of my friends doing the same. Yes of course we were sad but still everyone of us was smiling. I looked at my lantern drifting up into the sky and realized my wish had already come true....as I had wished to share moments like these with good friends in great places for the rest of my life, and with this group I know that will continue to happen!

Name:  97.jpg
Views: 981
Size:  40.4 KB

Name:  98.jpg
Views: 974
Size:  32.2 KB

Name:  99.jpg
Views: 979
Size:  31.1 KB

Name:  991.jpg
Views: 1004
Size:  13.8 KB

Name:  992.jpg
Views: 957
Size:  18.6 KB

Stay tuned...up next Day 8 (Chilling at Catcha)