Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Marley and Ninja: Having Their Cake And Drinking It Too! Trip Report - April 2012

User Info Menu

Re: Marley and Ninja: Having Their Cake And Drinking It Too! Trip Report - April 2012

Lol

Kisses to Sweetie Pie!

User Info Menu

Re: Marley and Ninja: Having Their Cake And Drinking It Too! Trip Report - April 2012

Love this...keep it coming! Dennis and I wondered what happened before we arrived...wow! Lol

User Info Menu

Lol!!! Love it!!:d
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

I wish we had a "like/love" button! I will admit that I am a little green though! Maybe I should get another Red Stripe!

You never see it coming ... and the next thing you know ... UNCONDITIONAL LOVE

User Info Menu

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahah ahahahahahhahahha............................snort ......................hahahahahahahahahahahahhahah
    Rise early, treat everyday as though it's your last and your last day as it's your first.

User Info Menu

MARLEY!!!!! Hahahahahahhaha.....Gosh it was like i was back there ....the excitment is still there ...what a night of Magic!!!!!!!! It is so fun reading everyones discription of each other! LOL!!!!! and sometimes the events seem to change depending whos telling it and the state of consciousness

User Info Menu

This is great!! Were you keeping notes? lol! Amazing detail

Also LOVE the thread title, lol!!
    Last edited by Katho; 05-12-2012 at 08:05 PM.

User Info Menu

Ninja/Marley,
    What are you waiting on? Seriously I need more. Carry on please............

User Info Menu

Day1: Saturday April 22, 2012
    NINJA's 2Cents
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

My wife is gonna laugh at my next statement but she'll understand what I mean in a minute. I'm a guy who at times is reserved (insert laugh track by Marley). What I mean by this is when I meet new people especially a large group, and especially if my wife knows them better I turn down the NINJA a bit. I can be sarcastic, digging and I never forget anything you do that I find amusing and I will bring it back up over and over in a dry one liner or an elaborate story just to sting you. I mean nothing by it. I simply like to laugh and I can take it as much as I give it, but like everyone I have sensitive subjects. SO when I meet people I don't know I try not to be THAT guy just yet. Let them like me first then you can hate me in that I like him but he's got the sarcasm dripping off of him.

I say all this to start with our trip to Digicel. See chicken was nice enough to get Marley what she needed for her phone well because that's the man he is, however we discovered as we waited to get on the CB that others in the group needed to get phones. Chicken without a care in the world save making us happy made was happy to takes us to Digicel.

OK quick back story that terribly unnecessary but as my wife will confirm I like to talk. Last year for our one year I NEEDED to surprise my wife with something or rather someone. Anyone who has read last year's TR they know what it was. I wanted to get a phone last year so I could converse with this person without having to let my wife in on the little secret. Well needless to say I didn't get the phone but still manage to pull off the surprise. OK back to our regularly scheduled EPIC story.

So as we stopped to go into the Digicel store. I went in to the store with everyone decided if I wasn't need here I would excuse myself. I asked my wife if she wanted me to get a phone she said no (hindsight had I had a phone she could have called me when the incident happened on sunday { story to come}). Anyway, (drawn out anyway followed by long pause) I opted to remove one unnecessary person from the group in the small store. Honestly I was still in that observation mode. This is the mode where I engage less with people. I don't initiate conversations if I do they are quick. I don't get directly into the group discussion unless I need to and I gather as much information as possible before I decide whether the person I'm talking to is someone I want to have a long conversation with (for note sake this mode didn't stay long). I sat in the bus just observing mostly and drinking. Waiting for my fellow bus mates, just taking it all in.

----------

I will take this moment to do what my lovely wife did and give first impressions.

Tizzy is a bundle of pure energy ( even later when she lost her iPhone she never seemed to miss a beat). If you allow yourself to get past the fact that she is from TEXAS, just kidding Tz, you'll find that the statement everything's bigger in Texas is a direct statement about her person and less about her stature. She's like what 5'2 in heels ( again kidding it probably more like 5') but her aura, personality, chi or what ever you want to call it is 7' tall. She got a charisma of 20+5, thats for you nerds out there. But if you get past all of bigger than life Tz you'll find she simply a great mom, a good listener and all about being the best Tizzy she can be.

Sweetie Pie is quiet but not in the way you may think. Everything with her is never loud. Which make it easier to engage her because you really have to listen. As anyone can tell you I have a voice you can hear if I was buried alive 6' under and under a concrete slab. Sweetie Pie would be the antithesis to me. Her tone and conversation quality is rather calming. She like my wife when it comes to being a focal point. Someone to focus a person when they are trying to multitask but failing epically. Which well Guirigay needed a couple times this trip . I wont comment on her eyes because I can't do them any more justice than Marley did.

Guirigay, what to say about my flop competitor. If anyone one engaged me the most on the trip in it was him, at least initially. His energy funny enough is a little between the whirlwind that Tizzy is and the cool breeze that Sweetie Pie is. He seemed drunk first off but I would never hold that against him. He had that sliver eyed look people get when they are what my mom calls sweet (I call tipsy). I have to say it was our fault since they all were waiting for us. Guirigay has that intellectual quality you might mistake for a feeling of superiority if you didn't take a second to LISTEN to him. For the most part he's a smart ass much like myself but has a very kind heart. He's one of those guys that has always been a nice guy but realized they tend to finish last but instead of letting that deter him he just became a smart ass nice guy ( i know the type all to well, I look at that type every time I shave). Once you get past his disarming charm and fun you get to talk soup with him and well genuinely learn something.

Marley - I know you're thinking why in gods name does he need to write about his wife. My wife hates people. I say this because people need to be hated. They are obnoxious, self centered and genuinely in their own world and inconsiderate. If I have no patience for people she has -100. However when she gets in Negril and around people she really likes she lights up like a firefly and I can’t help but love her more if thats possible. She always has everyone's best interest at heart and even when she makes a mistake she only wants to remedy the problem. She’s really the opposite of the majority of people. Anyone who comes down on her, insults her or talks about her behind her back will eventually have to deal with me and even though I'm nice, I really am not that nice.

Watching her on the bus ride was like watching a thousand million fireflies. I could see she really loved these people and if they're okay with her then they'll be okay with me. She's so beautiful isn't she...
    ----------

Ok now that I said that I will admit that none of this was immediately discerned so as far as the trip to Negril was concerned I was with the Big Boobed Texan energizer bunny, the quiet yet stunning photojournalist, the drunk guy and the Queen of Negril. I say this with all the love I have for each and everyone of you.

After Guirgay had to rescued Tizzy from spending every dime of the moneys she converted in the cambio we piled on the bus and headed out of MoBay.
    Quick note Guirigay makes the hat story seem way cooler than I thought it was so I thank him for that. When we stopped at Biggas the fact that they didn't have chicken ready but had pork made it the best stop on the way. Chowing down on Jerk pork with a little red stripe and the random sip of stone wine was like heaven.

I’m going to fast fwd to Sea Star Inn mainly because I want my wife to start writing her next part and really she covered the ride in. For my part let’s just say by the time we reached Sea Star I was out of observation mode at least for now.

When we reached Sea Star it was already dark and the party had started. Marley and I bought two 5 hour energy drinks anticipating the amount of tired we would be when we got to the party. So we got signed in and decided to head to say hi to everyone we just snuck by on our way in. The mix up with the rooms really wasn’t that big a deal as it was for one night and we just really needed a place to lay our heads. It probably wouldn’t be that long of a head resting anyway. The room was fine, but the only thing I noticed was that the mach 5 fan was awfully close to normal people arm reach (this will be important somewhere around 4 in the morning. Marley wanted to say hi to everyone in her Marley gear so we postponed changing to go say hi.

I have to admit meeting everyone was like a whirlwind there was a Patty, Kopper, Beachgirl, Clarity and Hubby man, a Spotty Kat and on and on. As my wife points out the funniest intro was still Boogers not so much because he was drunk but more because I only slight knew who he was and I think I gave him the so what face when he said I’m Booger. Luckily for me he was halfway in the bottle and can’t quite remember that. In my defense I was back in observation mode and there were way too many people to meet. But I recovered as I introduced him to Marley and he christened her dress.

Ok I’m posting this now because I need to get my woman some food but I haven't spell, grammar or general sense making checked it yet so, You were pre warned by my wife who will tell me to correct it later
    Da Ninja - 1st Annual Belly Flop Champ - Soon Come

~Fear accompanies the possibility of Death, Calm shepherds its certainty.

People's actions no longer affect a warrior when he has no more expectations of any kind. A strange peace becomes the ruling force in his life. He has adopted one of the concepts of a warrior's life -- detachment.
    ~from "The Eagle's Gift"~
    blog.ralonzosinclair.com

User Info Menu

Love it!!