Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Marley and Ninja: Having Their Cake And Drinking It Too! Trip Report - April 2012

User Info Menu

Cake Vodka! :eek:

It really does taste like a birthday cake. EVIL.

Awaiting our return to Negril, 07/01/12

User Info Menu

Re: Cake Vodka! :eek:

Told you!!!!!!!!!!!

Even if you just open it up and smell it....Oh MA...GAH! lol

User Info Menu

Re: Marley and Ninja: Having Their Cake And Drinking It Too! Trip Report - April 2012

After we finished eating, we did a lot more laughing…AND drinking….and then soon, the moment we had been waiting for since we stepped on that bus in Orlando…..LUCIANO! He took the stage and the crowd went wild….all of us included! Now, I have been to MANY MANY reggae concerts in my life, and funny enough the only real major reggae artist I had yet to see was this man, believe it or not. All of the Marleys…yes, MANY times, Capelton, Elephant Man, Beenie Man, Buju, Sean Paul, Steel Pulse, Third World, Beres Hammond, Toots Hibbert, the list goes on and on…but not Luciano….until tonight! And he surely did not disappoint. I love Reggae music, I love Reggae artists, and I love Reggae shows…..but a Reggae show in Jamaica, in a small, intimate venue….there just couldn’t be anything greater! I was in HEAVEN! We got up from the table where we had all been chatting and moved to the dance floor to get closer to the stage and enjoy the show. Ninja and I danced and sang and had a great time. Luciano put on one heck of a show, as I knew he would! Thanks to Seastar Inn and to Chris for bringing him here while I was here….I can no longer say that every time I come to Negril a good concert has either JUST happened, or is scheduled right after we leave…I finally saw one. I also want to say thanks to Daisy and Markus, when they booked the same week as us, I secretly knew that Luciano would be playing at Seastar, because Daisy and Markus have actually NEVER been to Seastar when Luciano WASN’T playing there…..in fact, they might even think he is just a part of the house band at Seastar! LMAO! Thanks to all! It was a GREAT show!

Name:  aaaaaaa.jpg
Views: 884
Size:  92.6 KB

Name:  aaaaaaaaa.jpg
Views: 901
Size:  83.3 KB

Name:  aaaaaaaaaa.jpg
Views: 809
Size:  85.1 KB

Name:  b.jpg
Views: 892
Size:  80.6 KB

Name:  bb.jpg
Views: 897
Size:  85.4 KB

After the show was over (not even sure what time that was) most everyone had either already left to go back to their hotels or were now leaving. So we said goodbye and gave out hugs to many of our new family members and made plans to see some of them the next day or what have you, afterall this was our first night of the trip so we knew we had many more nights of fun ahead of us. I am sure it was late but the beauty of this was that we were staying at Seastar so we had nowhere to go but back to our room…..so no real need to end the party, right? We joined Daisy and Markus back at our table and had another round and a good chat…..we must have been chatting for some time because I remember the staff was cleaning up, the music had stopped and basically they were asking us if we could get up so they could move the tables LOL

Name:  bbb.jpg
Views: 900
Size:  90.1 KB
    (Even Joe joined us for some of the fun--LOL This is one of my very favorite pictures from that night...it cracks me up every time I look at it)

At that point Daisy had informed me that they would be leaving in the morning to go to Mandeville to visit her family and that they needed to wake up at 6am for their ride. I think that is about the first time I looked at the time and I think it was around 4am! She suggested to Markus that they get a shot of rum to help them go to sleep…..so we thought we would be good and supportive new friends and join them. Markus ordered 4 shots of Appleton….I can’t even remember if I tasted it when I drank it! LOL But we were all still wide awake, probably from the first night excitement…(OH, or it could have been that 5 hour energy shot we took when we arrived lol) I have no idea what Daisy and Markus’ excuse was but we decided we would go back to our room to continue visiting…..I mean why not? So we showed them around Room #6 and invited them in for a pineapple upside down cake shot (there will be many more of these to come in the future but Markus and Daisy got the first ones, and I think it is safe to say that they were fans)

As we stood inside our room enjoying the cake vodka and all 4 of us being just like teenage girls on a phone call, having so much to say and not ever wanting to hang up, we suddenly realized the time and that the two of them literally had only a couple of hours before they were to be awake to catch their ride to the country, so we decided we better call it a night. But before they left, Markus was telling us some story or something, and when you meet him you will understand what I mean by this, but he is very animated during his story telling, he also gets very excited and with that, and his story, he threw his arms and hands up into the air and made direct contact with the ceiling fan (which was at Mach 5 speed)! I think I screamed, Ninja gasped..I can’t even remember what Daisy or Markus did, but we literally expected that he lost at least one finger. Shockingly, they were all still there but he did have a very bad gash on 2 of them…..I am sure they will tell this tale with great detail so I will leave it at this. He seemed ok, there was a gash, and maybe some swelling but he was fine (and of course also really drunk). I just kept thinking, he might have broken something, or at the very least that it was going to be extremely painful in the morning when he woke up. But he ensured us he was ok, they gave us parting hugs and as they walked away I have to admit I was already sad that I would be missing them for the next day and a half while they were in the country!

Sweetness put it best when she said “I was in love with you guys before I had ever even met you” I think I felt the same way about this couple. They are every bit as great as you think they are…..and in a lot of other ways, they are even better!

Daisy – I connected with her early on during her posts and reports, and we had chats and discussions long before ever meeting, so I already considered her a friend and I knew that we were going to get along well, and I was right. Sometimes there are people in life that you just have a lot in common with, sometimes you can relate to people on such a deep level that you already feel such a closeness like you would with someone you have known your whole life, and that is how I feel about Daisy. But funny enough, I can almost guarantee that just about everyone would say the exact same thing about her! Daisy has such a way of talking to people so honestly and openly about life that she can literally find some deep connection with just about everyone. It is an amazing quality, and just one of the reasons she is so loved by us all. She is so bubbly, so engaging, so funny, so sweet, so scared about everything, so beautiful, so caring, I could go on and on but to sum it all up, she is just so loveable!

Markus – Now prior to this trip, I had only really conversed with him once so most of what I knew about him was either from his posts on the board or from what Daisy had told me about him. I knew he was knowledgeable about a lot of things, I knew he loved Daisy, I knew he was very kind….but what I did not know was how incredibly funny he is. EXTREMELY funny. Honestly between him and Booger and Sandie, that is why I could barely get out of bed in the morning because I woke up everyday feeling like I had been doing “Abs of Steel” all day! I laugh just thinking about Markus now….this guy is hilarious. And as funny as he is, he is still all of the other things I mentioned. Extremely knowledgeable, passionate, caring and his amazing excitement and passion for things makes it impossible not to get excited about whatever he is talking about (whether you understand it or not). Daisy, I am secretly in love with your husband…ok, maybe not so secretly….but I think it is ok, since I love you just as much.
    Yes folks it is true, Negril.com’s most loveable couple is every bit as loveable as you think they are….possibly even more! We love and miss you both so much!

Patty Sather - Patty and I also had connected a little prior to this trip. We both had to endure some unfortunate and unnecessary drama, but like drama sometimes does, it helps you learn who are your friends and who aren’t. I feel we connected on another level too because of it. She comforted me, before I had ever even met her…and if/when you meet Patty, you will know almost instantly that that is her nature. She is the MOST caring, loving, supportive, beautiful person you will ever meet. I was so excited to give her a great big hug when I first met her. Patty, I cannot say enough good things about you, lady! You have already been there for me and done or said such comforting things, more so than many other people I have known for years. For that I thank you…and I love you! Oh and P.S. She is every bit as gorgeous as she looks in her photos….whatever you are drinking, eating or using…can you share it? Oh and Kopper, Patty’s awesome husband….what a guy! They are as perfect for each other as two people can be…..even proven by the matching outfits they were wearing when we first met them….just love them to pieces!
    (This photo is actually courtesy of Beachgirl66 but I just thought it so perfect for this part of the report)

Name:  794569207311.jpg
Views: 976
Size:  86.8 KB

Beachgirl66 – She has a smile that could blind you! I am serious! And she is gorgeous too…..don’t let her try and fool you, Beachgirl is amazingly beautiful inside and out. And if that weren’t enough, she is just as sweet and loveable as she is beautiful. And get this….she says she is a grandma? No way! She looks AND sounds like she is in her 20s…..I am NOT lying….between her and Patty, I am SURE that Negril MUST be the fountain of youth. Oh and she also gives the best hugs!

Stay tuned…..tomorrow, we check into Catcha Falling Star (aka HOME)!

User Info Menu

Re: Marley and Ninja: Having Their Cake And Drinking It Too! Trip Report - April 2012

Pure Niceness~~
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

Really enjoying your report, Marley!! You and your hubby have such beautiful smiles, and I can see your lovely spirits truly shine thru this screen. You guys are making me really want to try this cake flavored vodka!

User Info Menu

Awww, thanks Eden. It's hard not to smile in Jamaica....and also with a husband as sweet as mine is! I am truly blessed

And YES! You need to try it, you will either thank me or curse me later.....I should really be collecting money from them as I have turned so many people on to this drink now! lol

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by garysteph1018 View Post
    I wish we had a "like/love" button! I will admit that I am a little green though! Maybe I should get another Red Stripe!
    It's ok...I will be the green one come July!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Katho View Post
    This is great!! Were you keeping notes? lol! Amazing detail

Also LOVE the thread title, lol!!
    Hahahaha no actually wasn't taking notes, only mental notes......oh and the fact that I don't eat sub sandwhiches might play a part too! LMAO
    Yes the title just seemed to be perfect, don't you think? lol

User Info Menu

I'm actually glad you are on a no sub diet...it's nice for one of us to actually remember in accuracy what happened. LOL Loving ya'lls report, it makes me feel closer to you....that's probably what I'm enjoying the most about all these trip reports. Missing everybody is a little easier when we all sit around and talk about the good times we shared.

First time I heard about your introductions to Booger....pretty great...sounds about right. LOL

...and to answer your question Ninja....YES, she is so very beautiful....all the way around.
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TizzyATX View Post
    Missing everybody is a little easier when we all sit around and talk about the good times we shared.
    I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by TizzyATX View Post
    ...and to answer your question Ninja....YES, she is so very beautiful....all the way around.
    And awwwwww...well, takes one to know one!
    Miss you lots!