Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Open" places to visit both BEACH and WEST END (Question)

User Info Menu

Re: "Open" places to visit both BEACH and WEST END (Question)

DawnMarie,

Great to see you back on the board! It's been a LONG time!!! I can't beleive your one daughter is 15! We hung out one trip numerous years ago when we were both staying at CCLP!

Have a wonderful trip!!!
    Hedonism July 2-9, 2011
    Next Reach Unknown?

User Info Menu

Yep-time FLIES!
    She still has the necklace that you gave her and of course we remember you and how lovely you and your hubby were.
    She hasn't been there since she was 9 and her passport picture is oh, just a wee bit different! LOL In fact, it's due to expire in September-I can see why!
    I hope that you are doing well and hope to see you again-you sure are a sweet lady and it was lovely to have met you.

User Info Menu

DawnM.......
    you are always welcome.......
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DawnMarie View Post
    Yep-time FLIES!
    She still has the necklace that you gave her and of course we remember you and how lovely you and your hubby were.
    She hasn't been there since she was 9 and her passport picture is oh, just a wee bit different! LOL In fact, it's due to expire in September-I can see why!
    I hope that you are doing well and hope to see you again-you sure are a sweet lady and it was lovely to have met you.
    Enjoy your trip... and from what I've heard your passport must be valid for 6 mo from travel date (correct me if I'm wrong here) so be sure to update passport prior to travel for your daughter!

User Info Menu

Dawn Marie,
    We had SO much fun! Miss ya'll and hope to get to see you again too! That is just too sweat about your daughter, she was and must be still such a joy! I'm glad you all are getting back!
    I'm trying to plan a trip back sometime later this year.......
    HAVE FUN! and please keep us posted on your trip!!!
    negril hugs and kisses!
    Hedonism July 2-9, 2011
    Next Reach Unknown?

User Info Menu

Lindo,
    I googled the requirements for entry into and from Jamaica back to the US and read that as long as a passport is valid before and during travel, there is no 6 month expiration issue.
    There ARE issues regarding a 6 month expiration window for OTHER countries and I hope to GOD that I have current and correct information, but if you know any different and can direct me to a site that says otherwise, PLEASE let me know-freaking out til MONDAY when I CALL to be sure!

User Info Menu

Alfred's on the beach is always a good option for a great atmosphere with great food! Tony's hut is a cool spot to stop for a cold Red Stripe and a game or two on the beach.

In the middle (on a beach but in the west end) is the Canoe Bar & Grill which is very cool in every way!

Eddy's or TJ's (a few steps up Pee WeeLlane)or Pee Wee's or or or.... (so many in the west end) are all good for a laugh or drink or food deeper in the west end!

Peace
    Elvino

User Info Menu

Lindo...all is well.
    Passport is GOOD until the day it expires for travel FROM USA to JA and back.
    Some countries DO have a travel "window" of 3 or 6 months (which is SO stupid and makes NO sense if you ask me) but Jamaica and the US are all good!

User Info Menu

Glad to hear that and thanks for the info!!! Just didn't want something silly like that to cause problems on your trip.... I think I came up with that because travel to the USA from Jamaica (for those with a Jamaican passport/visa) requires your passport to be valid for the 6 months, sorry the mistake. Guess I thought the policy was for both countries.